XIV

*Keller's Pov*

We spent the day getting everything prepared for us to move in.

Mercy wanted to paint hers and her brothers room but I convinced her waiting was better. We hand to go into town again to get bath stuff for the twins plus new sheets and blankets.

I had to get a new car so my company could stop paying for the rental. The dealer said to pick it up tomorrow. 

We were out for a good four to five hours just getting things for the house, I was beat and so were the twins.

I tucked them into bed when we got back. I wanted nothing more than to sleep right now myself.

I found my room on the far right of the hall, the room had on entire wall window with black blinds. I couldn't say I minded it because it reminded me of my office in Los Angeles.

I sat everything I had down and got a clean pair of briefs.

I was in the shower twenty minutes and I didn't want to leave. The shower was the size of a mini apartment compared to my LA one.

I could live in the shower itself. 

I crawled into bed, I was so worn out yet once my head hit the pillow I began thinking of Cainis.

I had texted him earlier on explaining what was going on but he never responded.

He probably got a good laugh and doesn't want anything to do with me now.

How could I have been so stupid?

I had seriously never done anything like that before in my life. I wasn't sure if I should be mad or scared, but I hated being scared so I went with anger.

Keller to Cainis:
Hey are you mad I had to cancel again today?

I waited ten minutes before the real anger kicked in.

Keller to Cainis:
You seriously don't have anything to say?

Twenty minutes and I was beyond livid.

Keller to Cainis:
Last night must have been nothing to you, huh? You're probably laughing at how stupid I am. Leave me and the twins alone from now on.

I sounded like a bitch but I didn't care.

He made me feel safe and cared for, now I just felt..lonely.

I didn't want to cry over something that never existed but the tears came on there own. I could deny it as much as I'd like but I wanted, needed Cainis.

I wanted to know why.

With everything in me tired and aching I closed my eyes letting sleep take me over.

I grabbed Casey forcing him to look at me.

"Listen Casey, we need to sneak out the window, meaning you're going to have to jump, I'll catch you though I promise."

I could tell Casey was scared now, he was quaking in my arms.

I walked over to the window opening it enough for me and Casey to fit through, without anyone being able to come in.

"Stay here and watch, once I touch the ground I'll let you know when to jump, okay?"

He nodded quickly.

"Just trust me Casey."

I jumped down.

I felt my feet hit the ground, it wasn't that long a drop but Casey's only seven and has never had to sneak out before.