XV

*Keller's Pov*

I woke up again with the twins poking my face.

"What are you two doing?"

"Come on Daddy, it's 11."

I groaned when I looked at the clock realizing she was right.

I pulled both of them down on the bed with me.

"Tell you what, how about we stay in bed all day long, and we just order pizza or something?"

"I like Chinese better."

Leave it to Mercy.

"Then we shall get Chinese."

I asked Hannibal, knowing he'd say Chinese to make his sister happy.

We stayed in bed literally all day.

We all ended up falling asleep a couple of times, we even stayed in our pyjamas not bothering to change.

At about 4 p.m. I ordered us Chinese. While we waited we searched for a movie to watch.

I'll admit I was having fun just being lazy with the twins but Cainis was at the back of my mind all day. He didn't respond to my angry text last night, which had me wondering if what I said was actually true.

I couldn't imagine Cainis laughing at me, I decided to text him even though I was contradicting myself.

Keller to Cainis:
Hey I'm sorry about last night. I wasn't really myself. Call me later?

The food came and we ate while watching The Shining, which the twins chose. I wasn't sure on letting them watch it but they had no trouble convincing me with those puppy eyes of theirs.

Our night was almost over when I got a message back.

Lincoln to Keller:
You a friend of Cainis?

Weird question.

Keller to Lincoln:
Yeah why?

Lincoln to Keller:
Cainis has been in our hospital since the day before yesterday. He had an accident late at night causing him to have to be medically comatosed.

I couldn't breath.

Cainis is hurt, it ran around my brain so many times before it clicked.

I needed to go to him but what about the twins? I picked my phone up and went on instinct.

"Stanford."

Thank God.

"It's Keller. I know it's late but there's been an emergency and I need someone to keep an eye on the twins. They're already asleep."

Without hesitation he answered.

"Sure. Katrina and I will be down in half an hour."

I untangle myself from the twins so I could get dressed.

Keller to Lincoln:
I need to see him. Where is he?

I didn't waste time waiting for his reply before getting dressed.

For the last twenty minutes I had done nothing but pace back and forth. I felt like a terrible person, I can't believe I said that to him while he could have died.

When I saw the head lights of another car, I gave the twins a quick kiss and  ran outside to meet them.

"Thank you both so, so much. I'll call you tomorrow, okay?"

They nodded as I was already driving away.

I looked out at the place Cainis' friend had told me to come to. It was woods and more woods. I was a little freaked that he gave me directions to the middle of bum fucked Egypt but as long as Cainis was here, I really didn't care.

A dark figure stood to the side.

"Hello?"

I hadn't seen anybody around when I parked.

"Hello, you must be Keller, my name's Lincoln."

He extended his hand clearly for me to shake and I did.

"Pleasure, is it alright to see Cainis now or do I have to wait?"

I hoped not or me leaving straight away would have been pointless.

"No it's fine, I'll take you to him."

He began walking away so I followed a few footsteps behind.

We came upon this petite looking house.

I thought he said he was at a hospital?

"This is a our family doctor so he's staying here."

Lincoln spoke out as if reading my thoughts.

"He's in the room to your left down the hall, there's only two rooms so it's not hard."

I nodded and he left me alone to face Cainis.

When I spotted the bedroom I went right in not knocking at all. The sight of Cainis made me gasp.

Everything on him was swollen to the maximum, his face, arms, legs, he looked like he had gotten hit by a semi truck.

I grabbed a chair in the corner setting it closer to the bed he was laying on. I was scared to touch him, afraid I might hurt him with all the swelling.

Looking at him reminded me of the words I said to him. I was grateful he hasn't read it yet but I still said it even if I didn't mean it. I really am a terrible person.

"I'm sorry Cainis, I wasn't thinking, please wake up so you can forgive me, please, I can't lose you to. I don't want to, get up okay?"

I was sobbing uncontrollably by the end.

I felt like I was going to break, I can't handle it. I need him to be okay. It's only been a couple of weeks but I've felt so much when it came to Cainis that rationality didn't exist where he was concerned.

I touched him softly not wanting to apply to much pressure to his bruised flesh.

"It's only been a couple weeks and I don't know why I feel this way about you but when you kissed me I never wanted to part from you. I felt like we were two halves of each other, my breath, your breath, my heartbeat became yours. I want you to wake up soon so I can feel your perfectly chapped lips take control of mine. I was so worried that you regretted the other night that I flipped out and I'm sorry for that. I need you. I need your mesmerizing eyes looking into mine, your stern voice taking control, your hands caressing me, your lips making me lose my sanity, God I just need you Cainis. So wake up."

I didn't bother holding back the loud sobs that came from me, I don't know what I would do if he didn't wake up.

We haven't even went on our date yet.

I laid my head on his bed feeling drowsy from all the tears. I had none left at this point.

I zoned out everything else and anybody else that wasn't Cainis right now, slowly drifting to dream land.

"Some people call that love."

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》
                              ♡
That was some emotional shit..Woah..