VIII

*Cainis' Pov*

I just couldn't wait for my shift to end.

I spent all day huddled around my phone after getting home and still I got nothing. I've been so stupid. He probably wasn't single, or he wasn't even gay.

Oh god I made a fool of myself. He was just being nice and I took it as something more. I haven't told my parents about him yet because there really wasn't anything to tell.

I was hoping I didn't see him again so I could save the pain of being rejected but my wolf was already getting restless. I had to strain myself to keep him from coming out to find his mate, which he was less than thrilled about.

After serving a couple of tables for her, I let Cindy take over the greeting booth finding it easier. Today was a busy day.

We closed at six most days but I planned on taking off an hour early.

I headed towards the back to check how the kitchen was holding up grabbing some orders on my way out.

I reached my final table for the day and to my surprise it was my mate..and his kids?

"Can I get you something to drink?"

I asked calmly, though I felt like screaming.

"Can I get Orange juice daddy?"

The little girl seemed excited when she asked.

He stop gazing at me and focused on her instead.

"Yes sweetie. What would you like?"

He asked the little boy.

"I want Orange juice to."

"Three Orange juices it is."

I simply left after writing down the drinks. I felt angry or hurt. I didn't know what to feel.

Why would he be my mate if he has a wife and kids? It wasn't right.

I put the drinks down loudly and I saw my mate jump slightly.

"Three Orange juices. Are you ready to order?" I asked blankly.

He looked at the kids.

"You know what you want?"

"Pancakes!"

They shouted at the same time.

I admit, they are cute. Though they must get their looks from their mother.

He looked back up at me while still laughing a bit.

"I guess pancakes."

"And for you?" I asked tirelessly.

But again the little girl spoke first.

"Daddy wants pancakes to."

He looked at the little girl.

"Well daddy would also like some eggs and toast. Can I?"

"Of course"

I couldn't help looking at her, envious that she could be so casual around my mate. I knew she was his kid but it didn't drench the thought from my mind.

"Pancakes with a side of eggs and toast please." He said suddenly, snapping me from my mind.

I snapped my head up to reply "It'll be right out Sir."

Once I grabbed the menus I walked away not wanting to be tortured another second.

After twenty minutes I had no choice but to go back, I was the only one waiting tables right now. Walking to their table I heard the kids yelp in excitement. I mentally smiled at how cute they were but forcing it away before reaching the table.