XXXVI

*Cainis's Pov*

"I want to hold him until he wakes up, I don't know if he'll ever let me touch him again."

"I understand Lincoln but he won't blame you, you're already forgiven."

"Neither one of us knows that for certain."

I ran my hand threw my hair out of frustration.

I knew this was going to happen, I knew it but how could it of not happened with Sage provoking Lincoln the way he was.

Molesting his mate right in front of him?

He's lucky all Lazer did was batter him up a bit because if it was me his head would be missing.

I closed the door to my house and slid down the wall. I need to call a meeting but I need something I could understand first.

"Nox, I'm asking for help here."

I didn't know how this worked because other than once she's always just shown up.

"Do not fret Cainis."

"How is that possible when there is about to be a war path against my pack?"

"You do not fret because you all have something to fight for from the heart and they do not."

"That's supposed to mean something?"

"How can you fight mind and body when you have nothing important to fight for?"

"Why wouldn't they? They are still shifters, aren't they?"

"Yes but those without my blessing for existence as you have stated. I have found out somethings from Haven."

My body straightened.

"Care to share what you know because I'm at a loss on what to do."

"Sage as you already knew is the Alpha, his wife, Lupus, isn't his wife. She's his sister."

That was some not so pretty news to imagine.

"I thought they can't reproduce?"

"They can't. His sister was pregnant before creation. She was married to a wealthy man in New York long before Fate decided her plan. Anyway her full name is Lupus Bel Rae, meaning-"

"She's Basel's mother." I finished for her.

"Precisely, they needed a full blood someway and they got it through Basel but they didn't expect him to be so kind hearted, almost too real a wolf shifter for her, she needs a sacrifice and he was it."

"Wait why Basel? Just because he's kind hearted, that really can't be it?"

"Not exactly. When Fate convinced Sage and his sister to join her plan, Lupus was suffering the loss of her husband and pregnancy. Sage had lost his true wife months before. They are Alpha and Luna because they are the first Fate chose, not from birth right or mating. She chooses weak humans and manifests them into those..things she dare name after my precious wolves."

Her voice was shaking with anger, I couldn't see her as she has never shown herself to me but it was clear.

"They have been in the shadows hiding from even my watchful eye since Basel was born. They acted human, even put Basel in public school. They don't have the sent of a shifter so even if I were to notice I would end up believing they were human as I thought Basel was."

"You did choose Basel for Lincoln, why?"

"While checking on a new shifter in New York who was going on a rampage, I stayed and watched New York. At the time it was fascinating to me because I hadn't been in so long. I saw Basel and I heard his heart, it matched Lincoln's perfectly, that's when I decided Basel was to be Lincoln's mate as I said, to me Basel was human."