XVII

I am so so so sorry for the way I left everyone hanging. So to sort of make up for it I added fluff:) though Cainis is still 'asleep'
》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

Stanford arrived early the next morning with the twins.

Mercy was grumbling about food, the first thing she always does and Hannibal wanted to lay back down.

Bethany had set the living room up for them, for the morning at least I stayed with them. Bethany was worried Cainis would have another episode without me being by his side but I held his hand and promised I would return.

I had fallen asleep cuddled with the twins on the makeshift bed.

I was in a blue field with the moon at it's peak in the night sky, so bright it shined like the sun. I looked around for someone else but came up with nothing, I started walking then.

"Keller?"

I whipped around. The sight before me almost made my knees give out.

"Cainis."

I said his name on a breathe. He was the Cainis I met, gorgeous and healthy.

I reached for him but when my hand finally came in contact with him a wolf replaced where he was. I looked at the wolf. He was a beautiful brown coat with white but he Still had Cainis' eyes.

"Cainis?"

The wolf put it's head in the crook of my neck. I didn't know how to react,  do I freak out and run?

I found it hard to believe this was Cainis, it was odd that even as a wolf he was the most gorgeous thing I've ever laid eyes on.

"Can you turn back?"

Once the words left my mouth Cainis had replaced the wolf.

"I've missed you." He spoke.

He missed me? Didn't he know he was the one dying, not me?

"And I've missed you."

I hugged him. I didn't want to ever let go, his warmth was all I wished for.

"Cainis you have to wake up. I need you, I'm falling to pieces without you here. Besides we still have a date to go on."

He chuckled at my last comment.

"I know Keller but I'm not sure how. My body isn't healing like it should, I hear you crying and begging and I try to reach out to comfort you but I can't. I don't know what to do."

His voice began cracking at the end and I held him tighter.

"Shh, you're here now that's all that matters."

He pulled away from me taking his warmth with him.

I was going to pull him back when his lips stopped me.

The intensity of him sent fire through my body.I pulled him closer, missing his touch. Even in my mind his lips were chapped and hard but the kiss was anything but. It wasn't rushed and lust filled, it was passionate and filled with pure emotions. I honestly didn't want to part from him.

He grabbed my hips pulling our groins together causing friction between us. I groaned at the feeling of him and the kiss changed. It was solely want, no need, for each other. After lord knows how long we separated for air.