• Chapter Twenty Eight

The amazing Paulo Coehlo to the side and Kelly's dress---->>

• CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT
_______________________________________

MARLOE LOISE STEVEN

As the door open---by another two uniformed men. We are welcome by the elegance of the mansion, even the smell is reek with sophistication and everything just screams high-end and Classiness. The smell reminds me of freshly cut rose and forest.

I feel out of place, to say the least. It feels like Kelly is showing me unconsciously our differences. How much unworthy I am of Clace.

Which is Ridiculous.

Mayor Victor Gatchalan is on the patio welcoming guests greeting each and everyone, He looks so handsome in his own way, in his black expensive looking tux, also wearing a black mask similar to Clace. Behind him stands, Rebeca Gatchalan I presume, tall, blond, sophisticated in a blood-red silk dress. She is beautiful and so young for her age. And french, Her mask is Gold also similar to mine although she's holding it in her hands not covering her face so her feature is a full-on display.

You would assume she's Kelly's Sister the resemblance is immense.

I feel nervous all of the sudden. Clace must have felt me tense up as he snakes his arm around my waist coaxing me against him, he presses his lips on my temple and whisper,

"You look perfect, Don't forget that"

It was his words that calms me down instantly. His mint breath erupted in my nostril as I inhale. His strong musky smelling perfume condenses in the air adding another wave of comfort to my senses.

I answer him with a nod but not looking at him and we proceed walking towards the waiting couple.

Mayor Gatchalan Smile widens upon spotting Clace and outreach his hand immediately for a handshake. Clace pulls off his mask and shake his hand.

"Clark Caleb Wesley, my son you made It!" He greeted with fervor smiling brightly as the sun.

The way he said son bothers me.

"Mayor Victor, Thank you for the invite Sir, you've met my Girlfriend Loise Steven." Clace greeted with the same Enthusiasm.

"Ah yes of course! You look, wonderful dear, Clark is very lucky." He tells me Outreaching his hand for a handshake.

"Thank you, Sir." I answer politely grabbing his hand blushing lightly, too pull my mask off as I answer him. This thing is such a burden. My hand is sweating holding this thing. Rich people are so weird. It's not like we can't have fun without this stupid mask. I rant in my head. I am glad my voice did not tremble like my heart who is beating so fast like running a marathon inside my chest.

"Ah, and This is My lovely wife, Rebeca, Honey this is Clark the one I'm talking about, you two talk on the phone." He said as he let go of my hand snaking It around the small waist of His Wife.

Rebeca Gatchan let out a small gasp looking at Clace with joy.

"Oh so nice to meet you son! You look perfect as my daughter describes. I will not regret my decision!" She exclaims engulfing Clace in a surprise hug.

While Clace let go of my waist as he hugs back the Elegant hostess but I didn't miss the way he tenses up at her statement.

My brows furrow in confusion.

What does she mean? What decision? And not to mention the other 'Son' endearment.

My thoughts were interrupted when Clace Came back to my side and his arms are back around my waist.