• Chapter Thiry Nine (pt.2)

• CHAPTER THIRTY NINE (pt.2)
_______________________________________

Marloe Loise Steven

I look at Kelly in confusion for a sudden until it has drawn to me, of course, she's here.

Clace is here because of them.

Kelly walks towards us, Audrey behind her,

Both of them are wearing an expensive-looking maxi dress and very high-heeled shoes. Kelly's smile is very welcoming and I can tell it's genuine. She is so hard to read right now, I can't tell if she's acting or she's really glad that we're here. but then she surprises me when I was engulfed around her arms, her amazing smell that reminds me of the movie, a Walk in the Clouds, like a vineyard, sweet and fresh, hit me instantly and I freeze for a second until she spoke.

"I'm so glad you're here! I can't take another day of Moping Clark." she said sincerely and jokingly, I soften instantly at her words and finally hug back. It was strange hugging Kelly.

I seriously forgot the possibility of her being here. How could I forget? They spend so much time with each other in France!

When she pulls away, the same welcoming smile is present on her face. I chuckle at her statement. for real.

"Is the big baby a burden?" I tease referring to Clace. Kelly laughs and nods her head enthusiastically, taking a glance at him and back to me.

"You have no idea! That boy Cried! Can you believe it!? I have never seen in my Eighteen years of life on earth see a boy Cry! For a girl because he misses her! Oh god! I'd kill to see Phil cry one day for a girl." she rants playfully rolling her eyes at Clace,

Everyone in the room laugh, even Clace who is looking at me studies me.

"I did not cry!" He protested although still looking at me, I smile at him as if saying it's all good.

He's never given me any reason to be Jealous, and frankly, despite their closeness, I'm not too bothered anymore. Or should I? Sometimes it's not good to put too much trust. But in his case, I can tell he'll never break it. The stone in my neck is the proof.

Kelly snort "You totally did! Like a baby yes Marloe, I feel like I know you so well already, all he talks about is, M this, M that! I wonder what M is doing right now!? Like he just literally put his iPad down! Can you believe that?" Kelly continues, laughing.

Why does she sound like she's tired of it? I think irrationally as if my brain is looking for a reason to hate her.

"He can be really clingy I know" I can't help but add a little teasing.

"I am so not clingy!" He protested once more.

"you so are! He is totally crazy about you I tell you that."

Kelly said once again, reassuringly, I feel like this is her way of saying there is nothing to worry about them, and truthfully. I do believe her. I just hope she's really genuine.

Kelly turns around and welcomes Regina and Vicky, they all exchange pleasantries and started to gossip. Vicky started assaulting her asking a lot of questions about her mother's shows tomorrow. We are all too hyped despite the exhaustion from the trip.

I realize Audrey didn't utter a single word. She just watches with the same smirk plastered on her face. A face as if saying she knew something we don't. We ignored her as if he's not in the room and Kelly seems like she doesn't notice her friends' indifference. She never includes her in the conversation either or takes a glance at her. It's weird, for a friend or best friend in their case, it's a bit suspicious. but I decided to brush it off and ignore it.