• Chapter Thirty Five

This chapter is dedicated to @simran345

Enjoy!! (I hope)

• CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE
______________________________________

Marloe Loise Steven

A tear escaped my eye and continued sliding down my cheeks and cascade down from my chin, my face is wet from crying but I make no move to wipe them as the feeling of sadness creeps thoroughly inside my heart.

This is so sad. I sniff and gulp down the lump in my throat when I feel a hand squeeze mine and a handkerchief is being enclosed in my hand. Not looking away, I grab a tight hold of the fabric and wipe my wet face with it and my running nose.

My chest feels so tight and I feel so sorry for the girl on the screen.

"Are you okay babe?" A voice whispers in my ear full of concern.

Not looking away still, I nod my head. For some reason, I can see myself through this girl.

A lot of what-ifs are running inside my head.

Like what if Clace and I continued keeping our feelings from each other? Were we going to end up like them? Like Rosie and Alex? They're so afraid to ruin their friendship.

So in love yet fate keeps keeping them away from each other.

What if, he knocked up one of his ex-girlfriends and his love for me would forever be an untold secret.

Life would be so complicated and so full of sadness if that was the case.

"I knew it was a bad idea." I heard him murmur to himself.

So after school, Clace took me to a movie, which is where we are right now, seated inside the cinema watching a depressing yet so amazing movie: Love, Rosie.

It's a story about love and friendship and growing up. And the worst part is I feel like I am watching a movie about Clace and me in a parallel universe.

The boy Alex and the girl Rosie, are best friends since childhood who share the same feeling towards each other, without knowing by either party.

They got separated and the feelings were never told. They remained hidden and a vast of catastrophe happens to the girl, thus getting herself knocked up by a douche bag and leaving her with a baby on the way.

And now, the girl is currently giving a speech at her best friend's wedding, the love of her life. How could everything be so fucked up?

"Let's go, I can't take this anymore." I hear him mutter making me look at him finally indignantly.

"You can't leave when they're about to have a happy ending!" I complain whispering defiantly. Though what is happening on the screen is the exact opposite of a happy ending. But who knows? Chick flick always ends with happy endings. It's cliché.

Clace looks like he is being tortured.

"Please Loise baby, I'll do anything, get me out of here. I feel like I'm watching myself, that guy over there is exactly me in my nightmares!" He whispers back equally defiantly.

It almost made me laugh but I stay still in my seat holding my ground.

"But Clace, the best part is about to happen!" I insist. "Just close your eyes," I suggest.

He breathes out an angry air and slumped on his seat crossing his arm across his chest angrily like a stubborn five-year-old child.

"You totally owe me an hour make-out session." He grumbles clenching his jaw hard but looked at the screen nonetheless.