• Chapter One

So here's chapter 1 guys I hope you like it.

Note the story begins from the past a long time before the prologue.

Enjoy........

Just a little clarification, CLARK AND CLACE IS ONE PERSON!

CHAPTER ONE

________________________________________

MARLOE LOISE STEVEN

I stretch my arms yawning feeling the blood starting to pump in my veins as I rub my sleepy eyes all through my face. I blink my eyes till they adjust their vision, taking a deep breath filling my lungs with the fresh smell of morning air. As usual, I woke up at the same time, as if my mind already has its own set alarm clock.

The sun hasn't risen from the horizon yet, but you can tell by the sound of the animals it's almost dawn, which means one thing. Time to Work.

Yep, I spend all my spring break working at the farm, unlike most of my friends who spend theirs on the road. I would love to go but I need to work for my college fund. But don't get me wrong I don't mind working here either. I prefer to spend my time with animals than those hormonal girls almost naked on the beach. I'm not saying that my friends are hormonal, they're.....well okay maybe a little.... okay fine they are. Ugh!! Sue me, I'm a horrible friend.

I sit in my bed unable to help the smile forming on my lips as I can hear the birds chirping, chickens clucking and cows mooing outside. It's a wonderful way to wake up. No sarcasm intended really. This is my usual routine and I love it.

I glance at my alarm clock seated on top of the bedside table telling me it's 4:24 in the morning. Great! Just on time. See I don't have to wait for its annoying blare to wake me up. Well except for some circumstances, like when I'm so beat from working all day that I just cannot wake up. Thankfully that doesn't happen a lot.

I get up from my bed and go straight to the bathroom. Fifteen minutes later I'm done. As I go down to the kitchen I meet my mom doing her morning routine, which is cooking breakfast of course. Judging from the sizzling sound, she's frying bacon. Our days usually start like this. It might be too early for most people but this is how we rock.

"Morning sweetie." My mom says greeting me with a warm smile. I kiss her cheek reflecting her smile and then pull out a chair on the kitchen counter.

"Morning Mom." I greet back.

"The Dairy. inc is coming today." My mom informs me flipping the bacon.

"I know, but it's in the afternoon right?"I affirmed.

"No, honey. Robert told me yesterday that instead of coming in the afternoon they'll be here in the morning,"

"But the milk is not ready-"

"He said it was enough."

"Okay." I shrug taking a plate for myself.

"Guess what?!!" she says suddenly totally excited. I lift my eyebrows at her inquisitively; unable to help the small smile that forms on my lips due to the excitement in her voice.

"What?" I ask eagerly.

"Mrs. Charlotte is having a baby!" my mom squeals. My jaw drops and my eyes widen. No Way!

"It's today?! Oh my god!" I exclaim jumping off my seat.

"I'm going to see Clace!" I say remembering my best friend. He probably doesn't even know it yet!

"Oh, honey! You're too late! He went there already!" My mom suddenly says sounding apologetic.

"What?! Why didn't he wake me up?!" I ask flabbergasted. That Rat! He's supposed to wake me up!