Chapter 46 : At Home

Music playlist - Janet Jackson x No sleep Ft. J. Cole |

---------

Destiny Grey

I was already fully dressed. Looking bomb as ever. I wasn't sure where me and James were going for a date but I left that up to him.

I loved to let a man lead in the relationship.

James was an Alpha male and I knew, what he was doing when it came to planning the dates we went on.

I sat down waiting, for a couple of minutes, on the couch.

I started to scroll, through old Instagram pictures, with my legs crossed with my right hand rested on my chin.

James however, was taking entirely too long, to get ready and I was starting to get irritated.

" Hello. Mrs Grey." I looked up to see Charles smiling at me.

" Oh my God, Hey! I haven't seen you in AGES! How have you been?

" Oh my God, Hey! I haven't seen you in AGES! How have you been?."

" I just got back from visiting my family in London-sir James, thought it was time for me to take a break and go on a vacation, since I'm always "working so hard" as he would say." He mimicked him.

" Well, he certainly was right about that. You look well rested."

Charles looked full of energy... To be 65 years old he was in great shape.

For a man that could be my grandpa, He most certainly, was a whole snack, okay.

" Thank you, my friend. you look beautiful. I know he's going to love that stunning dress." He pointed at it.

" Aww Thanks! Charles." He was always so generous with his compliments.

" I'm glad to know that the two of you have reconciled through your problems. I know he's a man that is growing and maturing. But, I'm sure he won't lose you ever again."

He strongly emphasized with the seriousness on his face.

" Yes, lessons have been learned. I hope for this time, that the trust, lasts between us." I concluded.

" Madam, I'm sure it will. Just takes the two of you working as a team. In all my years of life. There's nothing more stronger in a relationship than honestly and communication. It will
Take you a very long way."

I loved when he shared his words of wisdom. I always listened and downloaded it in my spirit.

I was praying that it was because I didn't have it in me to argue,
Fight and kill his ass again for something he decided to do that risked everything we built.

" Sir James, told me to give you this."
He handed me a blind fold.

" It's for a special surprise." He added.