Chapter 32 : Closure

Music Playlist :

Chris Brown Ft. Brandy - Do Better

------

James Solomon

3 months had passed by and I was ordered by the doctor to stay strictly on bed rest.

I took some time off work because I was still recovering from the injuries. I wanted to make sure that I was healed so I could get back to business on tracking down everyone involved in the ambush.

Being shot up 6 times made me realize how strong of a fighter I was to survive that attack.

I thanked God that I had another chance at life, to be a better man and not take things for granted ever again.

" Fuck." I grunted in pain holding my left rib slowly, allowing my feet to touch the floor of my bed.

I tried my best to stand up but the pain in my ribs was very intense. I felt myself losing balance.

My full-time nurse Patricia, quickly rushed over and placed one hand on my shoulder for support to stop me from falling.

" Don't be in such a hurry, remember you're still recovering and you still have to go through rehabilitation," She carefully informed me.

" I know." I let out an irritated sigh and shook my head.

" I'm just ready to get this shit over with. I'm a businessman and I miss being able to move freely without being restricted."

It was depressing not being able to do what I wanted. I had a bad case of ADHD.

I was always on the move.

But, maybe this was slowing me down to think about the direction of my life and the problems I needed to fix.

Hell, I was stubborn.

I was never good at taking orders or following the rules.

" I understand. I'm going to make sure that you get back to full recovery But, you can't rush this process, James. Your body has to have all the time it needs to be back in full health."

She spoke confidently handing me crutches but I declined putting my hand up.

" No Thank you, I need to push myself. I won't be needing them anymore." I said sternly.

She raised an eyebrow confused.

" Mr. Solomon, you need to take it easy." She protested.

I was annoyed that she kept trying to stop me.

" If I continue to stay in bed all the time I can't recover faster. I need to get back to work ASAP. I gotta make some money and the more time I sit on my ass I can't make none. Now, if you would please excuse me."

I walked past her as she stood there watching me as she folded her arms with an attitude.

I wasn't the type of guy to be down long.

I had some serious shit to take care of and the streets were calling me.

As I sat down at the kitchen table I got a FaceTime call from Destiny. I picked it up to see her holding my daughter breastfeeding.

She looked extremely tired and worn out.

" How's my baby girl doing?". I smiled.

" She's great, sucking the life outta my boobs. I was so engorged my breasts were hard as a rock."