Chapter 31 : The Truth

Attention :

I've noticed a lot of ghost readers and even though reading without commenting isn't hurting anything.

As a writer, I like to know what's on people's minds when they read my book. It helps encourage me!

So, if you're a ghost reader, please comment & vote more.

That's all I ask. 🤍

---------------

Ava Sinclair

I was currently having a meeting with the notorious wanted drug dealer all over the news

He was born in LA but ran the drug game in the streets of New Jersey, he looked up at me seriously with a disappointed look.

"What's going on?", I asked. sitting down.

" I got some bad news

" I got some bad news. The drive-by failed. I thought they were dead. My boys tried. We shot everywhere in that house."

I couldn't believe the news I just heard.

I wanted to Pull my hair out.

" WHAT! ... She's still alive!? You were supposed to make sure she was dead dumb ass! I asked you to do one job, JUST ONE and you couldn't even deliver on your promise!"

I was very frustrated to find out on the news, that James had got shot up as well.

" Dewayne!! The order was Only for you to target HER NOT JAMES!!! I didn't want him to get hurt at all! And come to find out, the baby lives and that bitch I wanted dead is still breathing."

I was very nervous that things didn't go as I planned. I knew for sure that I was going to be investigated and everything would be traced back to me.

Before I could continue, he got up out of his chair and had me in a choke hold as he made me look at him in the eyes.