Chapter 14 : Lost Cause

Music Playlist: Fabulous FT. Neyo: Make Me Better

---------

Omniscient Chapter

Ava kept drinking her glass of red wine taking slow sips deep in her thoughts

Ava kept drinking her glass of red wine taking slow sips deep in her thoughts. She sat down in her silk robe looking at the view of New York City lights from her condo apartment windows.

She was constantly thinking about the last time she and James had seen each other and how badly she was hurt when he hit her. In the incident that took place.

Once, he found out that she cheated on him, with his best friend Marcus who was now deceased.

James had lost it and was very angry with how she betrayed his trust which resulted in him slapping her but, Ava knew for a fact that she had a sharp tongue to push his buttons. She wasn't innocent in the situation either.

The last time she had talked to Marcus was when he had let her know that James was indeed engaged and that soon he knew they would end up running back into each other; since his club business was in New York just a few miles away from her condo.

He believed that it was fate and even though, Ava didn't want Marcus the way he thought she did. The truth - was it just sex?

She was vulnerable and trying to fill a void being lonely from James working so much in the streets.

She regretted messing with his best friend knowing that he had plans to take James' drug business down. He was a snake and she should've told him in the past.

That information didn't matter now that Marcus was dead and James was moving forward to getting married to his fiancé whom she was so jealous of.

She had dreams of her and James being married and having kids in the future. She was slick and bitter that he found real love and she hadn't.

She had been single for 4 years and had let no other man come near her.

Her last touch from a man was James. She even masturbated thinking about the sex they used to have.

Rough sex mixed with drugs in their system. They had sex everywhere.

Ava was a very spontaneous woman. She got tired of the same routine, she brought out another side to James.

She loved his other side.

His aggressive side.

She liked being manhandled in a sexual possessive way.