Chapter 36 : Chaos

Music Playlist: Jay Z - Roc Boys

----

Destiny Grey

" You can move all of those packages in that corner last. I have a lot of clothes in there."

I pointed to the left in my bedroom.

I told one of the workers who nodded at me who was moving things into the U-haul truck.

Today, I was moving in with James because the safety of our family was at high risk. Security surrounded my house watching me closely.

My babysitter Candice was feeding Faith her bottle on the kitchen stool when I received an FT call from James.

" Hello?." I looked around at my now empty house that wasn't full of furniture anymore.

" Is everything done yet?." James immediately asked me.

" Well Damn, good morning to you too." I retorted.

" I'm sorry babe. I just want y'all over at my place as soon as possible. You know how paranoid I am with this shit."

I understood why James would feel that way. I was paranoid as well. We had been through too much chaos.

" Yeah, I know." I sighed, checking the time on my Apple Watch.

" The movers just got done taking the furniture out and we will be on our way. Don't worry." I assured him.

" Bet. Keep me updated, please. Call me as soon as you get to my house."

" Okay, I will." The workers now came back in as they were done packing everything up in the truck.

" I love you." He said softly as I smiled.

" I love you too." It had been forever since we said those words to each other and it just felt right at this moment.

" Also, one more thing. I'm headed to a business meeting at the club and then I'll have to catch a flight to LA later this week to take that DNA test."

I furrowed my eyebrows.

" DNA test for what exactly?." I was completely lost.

" Damn babe, Sorry I meant to tell you that about a month ago the man who could be my real father texted me. He wants us to meet up in LA. He lives there."

I suddenly remembered my dream that I had the night I was on a date with Quintrell.

It was a warning dream. Usually, I wouldn't take them seriously but, something in my heart told me it was trouble.

It was a silence that had taken place over the phone until he broke out my thoughts.

" Destiny? What's wrong? Why are you so quiet all of a sudden, aren't you happy for me?." He questioned.

"Of course I am. You know I'm all for you knowing who your real biological father is, It's just I don't think you should go."

" Why not?." His tone changed.