Chapter 22 : The Future is ahead

Music Playlist: 2PAC - Do For Love

--------

Omniscient Chapter

Quintrell got out of the car, and locking his door with his key, he walked up the sidewalk in a fast pace, knocked on the door, and once it opened, he saw Destiny with tears falling down her eyes, like a stream.

She didn't look too good, she was stressed and frustrated.

He immediately was concerned and worried about her since she called him and needed him to turn back around urgently.

She told him everything that happened with her now ex/baby daddy and how they were officially over.

" I'm glad you came back." She softly spoke with red eyes.

" I had to. After I saw the old boy acting all salty. I knew he was about to start some petty shit with you."

She let him walk in, as he closed the door behind him.

" Want anything to drink?", she was in the kitchen fixing her a glass of fresh water.

" I'm good love, I just want to know if you are okay, which I know you aren't. I'm here for you. You look like you're going through a lot."

" Yeah, I am. It's been very rough."

Destiny took a sip of her water and placed it back down on the marble countertop. She looked away and felt herself wanting to break down.

Thinking about all of the stuff that she went through with James, was complicated and it was sad because the life that she saw with James was over.

Quintrell noticed her face turn sad, he walked over to her and grabbed her by the hand. Leading her to the couch as they sat down.

He cupped his hands on her face caressing her cheek.

" Destiny Look at me." He kept intense contact as she looked back into his eyes.

" I don't know what you've been through in the past with these men, but just know that I won't ever let another man hurt you again on God." He stated seriously clenching his jaw.

" You're just saying that. They all say that." She shook her head looking away not believing him.

Destiny has a hard time trusting people. She knew that the look in Quintrell's eyes was serious but her guard was still up.

They had only been talking for 2 months and taking things slow.

That night, when her best friend Ayana DM'd him, she thought it was a desperate move but, as they began to text and get to know each other over FaceTime, she found herself developing real feelings for him.

Even though, she knew that her heart was still with James. It was a breath of fresh air for her to get to know someone new for a change.

She didn't have any worries or doubts, he made her smile and always checked to see how her day was. Plus, she was extremely attracted to him.