Chapter 4 : Decisions

Music Playlist: TLC - Sleigh Ride

----------

James Solomon

   I wanted My fiancé to come with me on my trip to Milwaukee. I had some business to take care of and it was important.

I appreciated her being by my side to give me advice, on what to do with my company next. She had this creative mind of ideas that I admired.

Which is why I wanted my lady to come.  Since She had work. I had to respect that she had priorities too.

On the way to landing, I got an unexpected call from a person I never thought I would speak to again.

I didn't know, if I wanted to tell Destiny or not. I know she would feel some type of way about it.

This person was very important in my past and needed me to help protect them from someone very evil.

Knowing myself, I still had a soft spot for this person and they were in danger. I couldn't just sit back and do nothing.

The only thing is that it required me to return to being a drug lord.

I promised Destiny that I would
walk away from the game for
Good, after the things that happened a few months ago.

I almost lost her to it and I needed to find out a way to come clean about the decision I was going to make.

She didn't like me to keep things from her, this secret was huge and it could affect our relationship big time.

I'm trying my best to be a changed man and it seems like my past just keeps holding me back when I try to move forward.

I woke up the next morning in the hotel room. Realizing that I didn't check in with her last night.

I sighed and rolled over the bed. I went into the bathroom, brushed my teeth, and washed my face. After I called room service and ate my breakfast.

I grabbed my phone and FaceTimed her.

She picked up and was riding in the car with her assistant.

" I'm so sorry babe, I fell asleep last night as soon as I got to the hotel." I was remorseful.

She didn't make eye contact with the screen she just nodded.

" I understand. It's cool." She was being blunt and I didn't know why. " You're a very busy man, I mean sending a text would be nice. It's just the effort ya know." She threw shade at me.

" Des C'mon. You know I don't intentionally do this on purpose." I tried convincing her I wasn't blowing her off.

She shook her head thinking. I could tell something was on her conscious.

" You know I will be worried sick about you. After, last time I didn't think-." She stopped herself from saying more as her eyes watered.

I know what happened months ago was still fresh in her brain and the trauma was still there.

I knew with time and healing she would be okay. She had a reason to be worried about my safety.