Chapter 11 : Support

Music Playlist: Keke Palmer - Better to Have Loved

-------------

Destiny Grey

James just stared at me and in this moment. It was nothing but pure silence between us also, Seeing the sadness in his eyes, told me that he knew he messed up with me.

In my eyes. I was looking at the man I deeply still loved but, was disgusted that he hurt me the way he did.

I've never imagined that me and James would be in this bad place.

In my heart, I was trying my best, to hold back tears.

The tears of pain, knowing that I and James won't have a future together anymore because, of his selfish decision to cheat.

I decided to break the silence.

" 4 minutes now." I looked at my Apple Watch closely.

He kissed his teeth and took a deep breath standing before me.

" You know, when you shot me that morning. The police kept urging me to press charges but you know what I did? I lied and told them that it was an accident."

Like I fucking cared. Sorry, not sorry.

" Am I supposed to thank you?" I didn't show emotion.

" No. My point is...Destiny I love you and no matter what you do, I'll always have your back. I deserved to feel your pain. I'm very sorry for what I did baby you have to believe me ."

James' face had regret all over it.

I wanted to give in and just forgive him but he couldn't talk his way out of his foolish mess this time.

For every decision, there is a consequence.

" I don't have any words, to be honest," I replied shaking my head.

" Please baby just say something." He pleaded.

" I know you are upset right now but in time we will get through this."

Get through what? There wasn't anything to repair it was already damaged enough.

" What more do you want me to say?!" I stood up off the bed frustrated.

" To say I forgive you? And that I'm giving you another chance?."

" Yes, I can only hope". He spoke up.

" Hm that's real funny," I chuckled as James looked at me lowering his head in shame.

" Like James what do you expect, after all you did to me?." I asked him seriously.

I wanted to know why he still had high hopes, knowing the damage he caused to end our engagement.

" Can you please just sit back down so I can talk to you? No cap."

" Alright," I said, with my arms folded. I was so uptight and tense. My emotions were all over the place and I had to stay strong.