Chapter 41 : Unaquainted.

Destiny Grey

I woke up and breathed heavily in a state of shock. Remembering, how I was drugged to sleep by Desmond.

The unfortunate turn of events happened so fast. I didn't know what got into me. I needed to get over my jealous rage of James' ex and accept the fact that I needed to let him take care of his business in the best way possible.

Everything he did, didn't always have to involve me, it was a reason why he had to go no contact. Desmond was right- Faith needed her mother and I didn't need to leave her side, no matter how afraid I was for James.

I needed to trust and believe that he would be okay.

He was a survivor and as a man, I needed to respect what he was doing to protect his family.

I sat up on the bed looking over, to see that the crib was empty, my daughter wasn't in it.

I furrowed my eyebrows confused, Now I was really in panic mode.

Who the hell had my child? I thought to myself.

I opened the door and walked out of the room searching the hallway. The house was quiet.

Something was just very unusual.

" Boys y'all down there!" I yelled out loud.

No answer.

I went down the steps and the TV was off and the lights were.

" Candice!." I called my babysitter.

" Where the hell is everyone!" I began to get frustrated.

I ran back upstairs and got my phone. I dialed James' number.

He didn't answer which left me no choice but to leave a voicemail at the beep.

" Hey, something is going on. I can't find anyone in the house. The guards aren't here either. Babe, I can't find faith. She's gone. I got knocked out by some drugs and I'm just so scared. I don't know what to do. Just please give me a callback. I'm worried sick about my daughter."

I hung up the phone and sat down on the bed crying my eyes out.

I was just so worried. I went over to the crib and picked up one of the teddy bears that I had got for Faith and hugged it tightly.

" God please let my baby be safe wherever she is. Please let her be alive. Let her return to me."

I got in bed and went into a deep sleep.

The next morning, I heard the birds chirping and the sunrise light peeked at my window.

I smelled food coming from downstairs.

My eyes lit up as I also heard a baby crying.

" I'm coming baby girl. Mommas here."

I smiled happily as I went rushing downstairs.

I walked into the kitchen to see my baby in the arms of Candice.