Chapter 12 : Forward

Music Playlist: Omarion - I'm Tryna

-----------

James Solomon

As time went by, I still couldn't cope with the fact that me and Destiny were friends now.

Six months without her was hard.

I've mainly seen Destiny at the Doctor's appointments but I made sure to keep my distance.

I still saw her as the woman I wanted to marry and I completely understood why she didn't want to be with me anymore.

I'm going to respect her wishes and pray and hope that we can come back together as a couple.

I needed to let this happen naturally without it being forced.

I needed to change as a man and I wasn't ready to be that faithful guy that I tried so hard to be.

I'm a man of my word and I continued to be there to support her during the pregnancy.

I noticed that I got with her because, I saw her as a desirable prize but I didn't know how to deal with a woman who was special and rare. Being the player I was in the past. I definitely wasn't used to her type.

I admit I was very insecure deep down inside. I just never let it show around her. She was way out of my league.

She was the prettiest woman I've ever been with. Couldn't no one compare to her beauty not even my exes.

My mother loved her and my family knew that she was the one for me.

The problem was me.

I was a man caught in between my past, present and future and I didn't try hard enough to be a better man.

I knew I didn't deserve a good woman like her. She deserved better than me.

Yet, she saw something in myself that I didn't see.

I wasn't a monster or a killer to her.

Just a man who had a good heart and a protector of those he loved.

She was my rider and I let the car crash when I cheated. Knowing my drug kingpin lifestyle, she stayed down when she easily could've left.

She was willing to die for me and I did some dumb shit and crushed her heart.

I broke my promise to never hurt her.

By now, she could already be my wife and I could have given her the wedding of her dreams that she constantly talked to me about.

It was hard to believe that we was no longer a couple and getting married. It hurts badly to not even hug, kiss or feel inside of her like I used too.

The only touching I could do was when I talked to the baby and rubbed her stomach feeling the kicks. Other than that, Anything else that required affection was off limits.

When I saw the ultrasound and the baby's heartbeat at the appointments. I instantly fell Inlove with my child.

It brought a tear to my eye because, I knew that I wasn't being good to it's mother and soon my child will know the truth of what I did one day.