27

Yeosang did a good job getting them home in a timely manner while still weaving through neighborhoods and side streets. Jongho was constantly looking at his mirror to make sure they weren't being followed.

When they pulled up to their apartment, Yeosang parked the car right in front of their door so that they had a straight shot to their front door.

San was suddenly extremely thankful that they had a first floor apartment. He wasn't sure how they wouldn't have carried Wooyoung's limp body up multiple flights of stairs.

He watched while both Yeosang and Jongho looked around for signs of anyone else in the area before the younger opened San's door. "Get out and then we can pull him out. I'll get his tail."

San nodded and did as Jongho suggested.

Wooyoung was so pale now. Even his purple and red scales were loosing their beautiful hues.

"Yeosang get the door open and start filling the bath tub." He called over his shoulder, knowing his friend would take care of it in an instant.

He and Jongho worked hard to keep Wooyoung off the ground, but he was so much heavier in this form. San ended up looping his arms underneath Wooyoung's shoulders and lower back while Jongho did his best to grapple with the merman's tail. He had part of it draped over his shoulder, which the very end the tail dangled centimeters above the ground, while he was cradling his arms around the middle and the part top of the tail where it started turning into skin.

If they weren't in dire need of help, San probably would have laughed at how ridiculous they looked right now, or even how absurd this situation was in general.

But his heart was racing so fast it felt like it could give out any second and he was terrified that someone was going to exit their apartment and see them.

When they squirmed their way awkwardly through the door, the sound of running water came from the bathroom and Yeosang was running back to them to help them inside so he could slam the door. All the curtains were closed so there was no way to see inside.

"Almost... there..." San grunted. He tried to regain his grip on Wooyoung when he felt his arms shaking. He had to remain strong...

Yeosang had chosen the bathroom connected to his room, since he had the master bedroom, and he started spewing something about thinking it would be better to have more doors in between Wooyoung and anyone who might come in.

San tried to give him a grateful smile, but it felt like it was more of a grimace than anything.

As they fumbled into the bathroom, Jongho lifted Wooyoung's tail above his head so they could twist him around and lay him gently in the lukewarm water. He ended up with his head resting against the wall and half of his tail draped over the side of the tub.

Jongho reached over to turn off the water before it overflowed, then the three of them stood there panting heavily and staring at the creature before them.

It took a couple of moments for San to collect himself, and once he did, he slowly walked forward and knelt next to the tub. He felt so guilty that Wooyoung couldn't fit in it properly. What if it wasn't enough to help him? What if they were too late?

A hand on his shoulder and a gentle squeeze from Yeosang had him closing his eyes and taking a deep breath.

"He's here, and he's safe for now." The older whispered while crouching down to hug San from behind. Yeosang nuzzled his head into the crook of San's neck and shoulder in a comforting motion he had done since they were little. "We won't let anything happen to him."