35

It was early in the morning when Wooyoung felt his skin start to prickle. He hated leaving San's side, especially after their confessions, but he couldn't risk using more magic than his body could handle.

He pressed a quick kiss to his human's cheek before wiggling down the blanket. San made it very hard to get away. He kept tightening his grip, which made Wooyoung want to stay even more.

But he was able to slip away after a couple of minutes and hurried into the cool lake water.

The transformation hit him almost right away, forcing him to dive forward with a loud splash when his tail slapped against the surface.

He swam a little deeper before twirling around and returning to the shallow waters so he could be as close to San as possible.

Surprisingly, San was sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

"Oh!" Wooyoung lifted himself up on his arms so his chest rose out of the water. "I'm sorry, did I wake you?"

"Mmmmm, yes. But 'ss fine." San yawned and tried to flatten his very fluffy and messed up hair.

Wooyoung couldn't help but giggle at the sight. There were so many cute things about being human.

"Shush." San narrowed his sleepy eyes, then fell back on the blanket.

"Don't go back to sleep!" Wooyoung whined. He just got a hand flop in response, which made his tail twitch in slight irritation.

Then a mischievous smile crossed the merman's face. He brought his tail around to support his weight so he could lift one arm out of the water. With it came a ball of water about the size of his fist.

He could feel the magic coursing through his body, filling him with a strength he hadn't experienced since before being taken.

It was so easy for him to move the water until it was floating over San's chest.

"Sannie!" Wooyoung called out. "Wake up!"

His human showed no sign of moving, so Wooyoung's grin grew and he released his hold on the water.

It fell with a glorious splash, running over San's smooth chest and soaking the blanket beneath him. San sputtered and shot up while making a high pitched noise in the back of his throat that had Wooyoung falling forward with laughter.

"Why would you do that?" San whined. He was holding his arms out to the sides and had the biggest frown on his face.

"Because I want attention!" Wooyoung stuck his tongue out and flicked his tail.

Then his eyes grew wide when an idea flashed across his mind. He opened his mouth to speak, but San was going on a mini rant about everything being soaked.

San crinkled his nose while sliding on what looked to be a thin pair of shorts. "I hate wet boxers. Youngie..."

"You whine a lot when you're tired." Wooyoung's forehead furrowed in concern. "Are... Are you upset with me?"

"Oh," San instantly stopped what he was doing and ran to the edge of the lake, "No, Woo, I'm not. I promise."

The merman looked at him with round eyes. "Are you sure? I was just trying to play."

"I know." San's shoulders dropped in defeat. "I have no excuse. Yeosang always says I'm harder to wake up than a rock..."

"But rocks don't sleep..."

San's lips twisted in an amused smile. "Exactly."

The merman still didn't understand what his human meant, so he decided to move on and ask, "Do you want to go for a swim?"