lying bitch

while sugino was pouting at his desk for his "horrible acting," i was avoiding making any eye contact with the annoying redhead. because anytime i did, that asshole would smirk and wink at me, which just made me want to punch him. kurahashi, upon noticing a few of the looks, had asked me what was up with him, but i just told her he was being a prick and she walked off to go talk to kimura.

out of the corner of my eye, i saw nagisa follow kayano out of the classroom, but i didn't pay it much thought. she was probably just going to confess to him or something.

"hey, mako-chan." i turn to see rinka and toka a couple feet away from me, and i raise an eyebrow. "what's up?"

"what's up with you and karma-kun? he's been sending you looks all day. it's as if he's proud, or smug or something," the light pink haired girl asks. i force the heat rising to my face away, not wanting to give anything away to the suspicious girls.

i'd asked the idiot if he could hold off on telling the others. our relationship was new, and school work and the assassination was our main priority at the moment, so we both agreed to keep it on the down low for now. but, apparently, he hadn't been heeding his own words as of yet.

"he's just being a dick like always. ignore him, guys," i mutter, making both of them chuckle before walking off. i catch eyes with the said redhead, seeing the small pout on his face from him overhearing my words, and i just stick my tongue out at him. if he was gonna be obvious, i was gonna insult him to keep everything quiet. the dumbass was gonna expose us and everyone would be on our asses over it.

everyone jumps at the loud explosion noise that abruptly went off. i jump to my feet, sharing a worried look with rio before we all rush out of the building. nagisa was coming out of the shed, limping slightly while covered in debris, and isogai quickly went over to support him.

the octopus shoots out of the ground, surprising us all.

"koro-sensei, are you alright?!"

"what in the world? what just happened?"

right after the class rep asked that, something else shot out of the ground and landed a distance away from us on the roof.

it was fucking kayano.

with tentacles.

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" i shout, startling okuda who was a few feet ahead of me, then she turns back to the girl above all of us.

she then dropped a bomb about her being some yukimura chick's younger sister, calling the octopus a murderer. this seemed to shock the others, but then again, we're all shocked anyways. honestly, it was almost as shocking as when i found out anri was saika.

now that was a fucked up situation.

the bitch challenges the octopus to a fight before flinging off, and i stare after her with a hard glare. it wasn't until the others somewhat regained themselves that i tune back in, hearing that her real identity was as some acting prodigy, and i immediately went tense.

'has she ever worked with kasuka? i doubt it, but what if she has?'

but at hearing that she turned her back on the industry years back, i let out a small sigh. it wasn't likely she'd ever worked with my brother, and that was good enough for me not to worry. i don't know why exactly i'd be worried, but i was, and it didn't really matter anymore.