a day with the sensei

this doesn't overly affect the plot of the story, but it takes place after the whole incident with the reaper, around the time that they were talking about futures and stuff

[]

it was a surprisingly calm day for mako. since there was no school, she'd gotten to sleep in, had done some of her homework, and was now working on some of the stuff izaya asked her to do.

everything was peaceful in her little apartment. up until it wasn't.

"hello, heiwajima-chan! isn't it just a fine morning, today?"

she threw out a fist towards the voice, the familiar creature shrieking in fear at the abrupt movement. she managed to punch one of his tentacles, startling him greatly and making him fly back into the wall with a crash. sighing, the girl turns to see koro-sensei staring at her in surprise.

"well, i certainly wasn't expecting that."

"i thought i asked you not to break into my apartment anymore after the last time," she deadpans, making the octopus chuckle.

"yes, well, i just wanted to drop by and pick you up for a fun day i had planned for us!" he exclaims cheerfully, and mako's face pales at his words.

"no."

"yes!"

"no! no way in hell, octopus!"

he giggles in response, plucking the girl out of her seat on her couch and flying out the window. she lets out a shriek once realizing what was going on, the starts screaming curse after curse at him.

"calm down, heiwajima-chan! we're just going to have a fun day in your hometown!" he states, speeding through the sky, and mako manages to calm herself down enough to gaze down at the passing cities. it wasn't long before they landed in a train station, koro-sensei quickly changing into one of his disguises but still grinning.

"onwards, my young pupil!"

"please don't ever call me that again," the teenager grumbles, leading the yellow being out of the station and into the bustling city.

even on the weekends, the streets of ikebukuro were busy with people going about their business, and today was no different. koro-sensei, having never really had the time to take in the large city for what it was, was eagerly soaking up every detail.

"i must say, heiwajima-chan, this city isn't nearly as bad as i thought it would be! with how you say that this place has molded you into who you are, i thought there would be gangs lining every street corner, and ruffians lurking in every shadow!"

she rolls her eyes at his comment, knowing it was all partly true. there were gangs hiding in plain sight and idiotic mobsters trying to look tough just down the street from them, but she wouldn't burst his bubble just yet.

"hey, long time no see, missy."

both turn their heads to see a tall dark skinned man looking down at mako with a kind smile, holding flyers in his hand.

"oh, hi, simon," mako greets, smiling back at the man, and koro-sensei looks between the two in confusion and interest. just how did his student know this strange, foreign man?