more drama

"save him? by like finding a way to keep him from self-detonating come march, or what?" mimura was the first to question after nagisa dropped that bomb on us.

"where do we start?"

"well, i don't know, yet. but..." the blue haired boy trails off, looking down, and i take a glance at the redhead next to me. he had a contemplative look on his face while his hands were in his pockets, but his eyes were narrowed at his friend.

"totally, i'm game!" kurahashi exclaims with a smile, drawing all our attention. "koro-sensei's way too good of a bug hunting buddy to let explode!"

"thank you for bringing it up. if you hadn't said something, i would've. saving him is the least we can do," kataoka states, having come forth.

a few of the others, i.e. hara, sugino, fuwa, okano, join in and say that they also don't want to kill him, but i can't help but frown.

thankfully, it seemed like i wasn't the only one.

"i really hate to be the one who spoils the mood, but i'm against it," rio pipes up firmly, and i almost let out a sigh of relief.

"we're assassins. he's the target. that's our bond. koro-sensei said so himself. i don't know about you, but i cherish that bond. think about it—not killing him would defeat the purpose."

"you're against it?"

"we get wanting to save him and all, but how do we even know it's doable?" terasaka contributes, actually sounding smart.

"well, i-"

"you act like you're the only one who's been thinking about this."

"also, what happens if the clock runs out on us before we find a way? did you consider that?"

nagisa tenses up. they had valid points, and it seemed like he just realized that.

"seriously, you want the octopus's last thought to be 'damn, my students are a bunch of half-asses'?"

"no! but, we owe it to him-!" nagisa tries to argue, but the redhead at my side cuts him off in an unusual tone that makes a shiver run down my spine.

"always the talented ones, huh? figuring whatever the odds, in the end things will always work out. wow. listen to you—getting a tad full of yourself, there, chief."

nagisa gives him a confused look.

"granted, you're the most gifted one in our class—aside from mako, of course—but seriously. we should just up and scrap the whole assassination plan?" he starts moving toward the shorter boy, and i bite my lip in worry. this was not going to end well.

"what about the underdogs? those of us who work ourselves sick just to squeak by on what little talent we have? how are we supposed to feel? you're like a hot chick telling our homely friends there's no point trying to find a man. of course, you don't have a problem with changing the rules, you've already won the game," he says harshly, still moving towards nagisa.

"that... that's not what i'm trying to say. besides... i'm not the gifted one. between you and me, you're the better assassin."