worries of the future

mako ended up drowning the conversation her classmates had with karasuma, but she did smile when the man agreed to let them attend the graduation ceremony.

"e-class! rise!" isogai calls out, standing up, and the rest of them follow quickly, bowing in sync to the man and woman.

"karasuma-sensei; bitch-sensei; for everything you've taught us, we are eternally grateful!"

"we are eternally grateful!" they all echo, but return to their casual selves moments after.

seeing that manami was looking somewhat hesitant, mako put on a soft smile and approached the shy scientist. she swiftly loops their arms together, startling the girl, but then the shorter just smiles back and they join up in a little huddle with some of their classmates.

mako lets out a loud laugh seeing rio putting nagisa in a chokehold, karma smirking while manami tried to diffuse whatever was going on.

the blonde smiles fondly, looking around at her friends. she wouldn't trade the lot of them, or this last year, for anything. if she was given the chance to go back and fix her constant fighting before she got sent to knugigaoka, she wouldn't; because there was nothing she'd do different if it meant getting to experience the joy she'd felt here.

———

it didn't take long for everyone to get changed into the proper uniform and get situated in the hall where the graduation was taking place. mako, relenting to the peer pressure she received from her female friends, actually wore the skirt to the ceremony.

to say that okajima was dead was an understatement. itona had been close to an early death too, since he'd complimented her legs in a perverted fashion. she would've pummeled him into the ground if it weren't for the girls leading her off to where they all were supposed to sit.

mako's knee was shaking violently in her seat, her arms crossed across her chest as she tried to pay close attention to the names being called out. she missed a few while panicking internally, but ultimately decided to calm her shit and wait patiently.

while giving herself this little pep talk, she did actually almost miss her name being called.

"heiwajima mako!"

taking a deep breath once knocking herself out of her thoughts, the teen confidently made her way to the stage. she didn't miss some of the fearful looks shot her way, her reputation of violence having proceeded her the entire time she was at this school, but it didn't matter to the girl.

she had made it. she'd actually made it. that was what mattered.

approaching the principal to receive her diploma, she scowls at him while he gives her that faux pleasant one.

"thank you for opening my eyes to what i was putting my son through, heiwajima-san," he says out of the blue, shocking mako to her core. she definitely hadn't expected something like that, especially not from this bastard of all people.

"but just know, if your school tries to send you to knugigaoka for the same reasons as before, it won't accept you under any circumstances."

her scowl returns, but it was quickly replaced by a faux pleasant one of her own.

"eat shit and die, you horrid fucking excuse of a man. you're a shit father and a shit person in general, and i'll make sure you rot in hell for all the shit you've pulled. or a jail cell, as long as you're still alive. ha. ha."