at least i got to hit them

mako immediately picks up on the presence coming up behind her and karma, a small smirk forming on her lips. karma was still a bit stunned after what nagisa did, so she was prepared to do her own part in making sure he and nagisa settled this shit once and for all.

seriously, they needed to calm the fuck down. but if they were gonna duke it out, who was she to stop them?

before maehara can even jump off the rock to try and stab the redhead or blonde, he was met with a bullet to the chest and a knife covered in red paint held to his neck. he stiffens as his brain processes what was going on, freezing as mako holds the knife to his throat while his back was to her front.

"thought you could sneak up on me, did you? nice try, but you'll have to try harder next time if you want to even try to properly get the drop on me," she taunts, shifting her hand and making the dripping red knife go across maehara's throat.

karma watches with an amused but also wary smile, weirded out by seeing the girl so effortlessly pretend to slice their classmate's neck.

he says something about nagisa, then the two send maehara off to their teachers who were waiting for the boy.

"you looked like you've had experience doing that, mako. anything you wanna tell me?"

mako lets out a groan. "not particularly, but the truth is that i've never actually killed anybody. i've had to threaten plenty of people, sure, but i haven't killed anyone. now pay more attention to the damn game, dumbass."

karma looks around to see if anyone was paying attention or hiding around, then presses a light kiss to mako's cheek and begins to scale down the small cliff they were on. the girl freezes, cheeks flaring red momentarily before she calms herself down and follows the boy.

"so, do you want me to fight him first, or are you two gonna have your lovers spat?"

the redhead sends her a glare, but looks up towards karasuma and inwardly curses.

"it'll depend on the situation. i kind of want to fight him first, though."

"but i want to fight the shrimp! i never get to fight people anymore, and it would be fun trying out his newfound talents!" the blonde complains, but at the look the boy gives her, she lets out a sigh.

"fine. but if you throw this because nagisa sways you or whatever, i'm beating both of you dumbasses up. you've been warned, bakabane," she states ominously, moving off to the side before the boy starts his taunting.

"nagisa, put down the gun and come on out! we'll settle this with blades!"

the teenage girl notices the rest of the class moving to get a better vantage point, and she faintly hears them conversing over what's about to go down. she lets out a sigh, mentally preparing herself for the bullshit that's about to take place with the two fucking idiots. she watches intensely as the two boys walk towards each other, the both of them having their eyes shadowed by their hair in a "broodingly intense" way. it was quite funny to her, honestly, but this wasn't quite the situation to find the bright side of.

the fight to decide the fate of their beloved teacher.

yes, she could admit that, now. she did care for the octopus, a lot more than she had planned to, and it scared her just how much. because she knew he was going to die either way, and there was nothing—absolutely nothing they could do to try and stop it.