the principal is a dumbass, confirmed

mako was biting her lip in anticipation.

she knew the repercussion of her blunt words from a few minutes ago, but she didn't regret them. this man was a dickhead, and he needed to grow the fuck up.

weird she was saying that about a grown ass adult man that was dangerous both physically and mentally. but who gave a fuck, right?

koro-sensei finished the second problem without a hitch, making her smirk, but then she went wide eyed.

'he seriously committed all the fucking textbooks in the damn country to memory?! what the actual fucking hell?!'

the octopus finished two more, leaving the last one for the principal like the death match required. this whole thing was stupid, but what would be even stupider would be if the principal actually tried to do the problem, meaning he gave no care for his life.

they thought he wasn't actually going to do it. but he proved that he really had went over the edge, opening the booklet and setting off the grenade.

mako was going to shout but she was blinded by the bright light from the grenade. she shielded her eyes, turning away from it and going wide eyed when she regained her vision from the light.

turning back around once the dust settles, mako saw the principal covered in koro-sensei's molt, making her let out a sigh. but then she let out a small gasp in realization.

the principal just tried to kill himself.

for real.

"you fucking asshole!" she shouts after the octopus was done giving his speech to the aggravating man. they both turn to her, shock evident in their features once again.

"heiwajima-chan! that's not the way to-!"

"shut the fuck up, octopus! he just tried to kill himself because we challenge his ideologies! that's no excuse for the fact he would've abandoned his own goddamn son in this world by doing so! what kind of father disregards their child's own mental state by thinking carelessly like that?! you've already traumatized your son enough, are you gonna continue to do it in the afterlife by having the government explain that his own father killed himself because he went off the edge over a challenge in his ideology?! and in a fucking death match?! you shouldn't be allowed to have custody of him if you're just going to disregard his mental stability like this!"

it seemed to hit them all, then, that her words were true. if principal asano had indeed killed himself over this, then the government would have to cover up the true reason behind his death or something, traumatizing the young asano.

that wasn't cool in anyone's books.

he left without a word in response to the furious girl, who snarled at him the entire time. she only calmed down when they all went back inside, but even then, she just grabbed her things and left the room, not caring for the others. the girl didn't even stay to hear the revelation of a critical weakness for the octopus.

she didn't miss the calls of her name behind her, only trying to get away, but when she was halfway down the mountain, she was stopped by a hand landing on her shoulder. as a reflex, mako grabbed the arm of the person and flipped them over her shoulder, the boy letting out a yell of pain when his back hit the rough forest floor.