why is the bastard in my place

after a long day of train rides and running on no sleep from the previous night, mako arrives back to the city she currently lives in. it wasn't long after she left ikebukuro that the emotions she'd tried to shut out about missing it had set in.

she just wanted to go visit her home without having to hide in fear of getting the shit beaten out of her.

was that too much to fucking ask?

sighing, she left the station with her bag over her shoulder, heading in the direction of an intersection that was semi-close to her apartment building. finally getting to the building, she goes up three flights of stairs and onto her floor before finding the door to her apartment.

once inside, she shut and locked the door behind her, taking off her shoes and walking down the hall, when she noticed that some of her things were out of place.

someone besides her had been here.

grabbing her pocket knife, she held her hand behind her and slowly walked further into the small apartment. turning the corner abruptly, she got into an attack stance and swung at the hulking figure in front of her.

"fufufufu~! welcome home, heiwajima-chan! i was starting to think that you had disappeared when you didn't show up to school for three days~!" the voice of the annoying octopus states as the figure moves out of the way of her knife.

growling, mako puts down her knife and hides it back in her pocket.

"what the hell are you doing here? how did you even know where i live when i didn't tell the school?" she growls out, anger coming off her in waves, and the octopus shivers slightly at the sheer malice in her tone.

"well, when you didn't show up, i got worried, but thought you were just skipping again. but then you didn't show up the last two days either and i got extremely worried you were kidnapped or in trouble! so, i followed your scent around the city from the classroom to this place, and figured it was your home, and i stayed here after school in case you came home!

"but what confuses me most, other than your disappearance, is the lack of other smells in this place aside from your own. do you live alone, heiwajima-chan!? if so, that is irresponsible parenting! but then again, there are so many reason as to why you might live alone, so i can't assume-," it rambles, and mako groans as she swings an anti-octopus knife at it to get it to stop.

"shut the hell up. my business is my business, so stay the fuck out of it. and get out of my house, that's an invasion of privacy and you're breaking a law by doing so, so i'll tell karasuma if you don't leave."

it looks offended by her harsh words and starts scolding her for what she was saying.

"don't be like that, heiwajima-chan! i was only checking to see if you were alright! that was very rude to say to your poor, worried teacher who just wants the best for you! now, why don't you tell sensei where you were so that-."

"if you want the best for me, get the fuck out of my apartment."

he stops blabbering to stare at her, only to receive a dark glare full of malice in return. sighing, he gets ready to leave.

"alright. i'll see you in class, tomorrow, heiwajima-chan."

once he left, mako sighs and drops her bag to the ground and places her hands over her eyes. she flops onto the ratty but comfortable couch and groans.