we've barely been back, how-

somehow, kayano had gotten my number.

i don't fucking have a clue how, but she did.

and she had basically forced me over text to come and join her on her own very special assassination attempt. which, for some reason, involved the egg surplus that had gone on lately.

i snap out of my irritated daze when the green haired girl walks over and pulls me to my feet. she drags me out after everyone else, letting me go once we get outside so that she can get to the front of the crowd.

"what the absolute fuck-"

i'm cut off by kayano sending me a glare to stay quiet, and she starts talking about how we're going to make some huge as fuck pudding as our assassination attempt. i stare at the girl in silence, a deadpan on my face, but i wipe off the expression as the girl explains the plan.

basically, we're gonna make a giant pudding with bombs of anti-octopus bbs in the bottom of the giant thing, and when he reaches the bottom we blow his top off. honestly, that'll be hilarious to watch happen, so i'm down. i give a smirk to the short girl before she ushers us all off to get the proper outward attire for making pudding.

that sounded a bit fancy. weird.

i end up helping with all the heavy lifting and the stirring, seeing as i'm definitely on the stronger side of the class. actually, now that i think about it, i most likely am the strongest among us, with terasaka and akabane close behind in that aspect (but more so terasaka). as they pour in the first batch, i carry a couple of the huge bags of some ingredients over to where they're mixing stuff and i pour them in. kurahashi grins at me, but frowns when she begins to struggle, so i take over stirring for a bit.

at the end of the day, we all headed home after setting the first batch to cool overnight, and i wave goodbye to some of the girls as i leave. kayano runs over to me as i'm leaving, though, and i groan at the stern look on her face.

"make sure to come in early tomorrow, heiwajima-chan! you have to help, got it? ok, i'll see you tomorrow!" she orders sternly, but then smiles and gives me a small, tight hug before prancing off to her things.

i just sigh and walk off down the mountain.

———

the next day, we end up taking off the mold and coating the sides of the pudding with gelatin and crap to make sure it's a bit more firm and won't fall apart. the caramel cake was after that, and then we used blowtorches on it, which was definitely the best part of my day.

too bad akabane wasn't close enough for me to singe his hair off by accident.

after everything was finished, we all stared at the giant pudding in wonder and hunger. some of my classmates were even drooling.

when the octopus was called in, he was speechless.

he was crying in thanks and drooling at the same time, getting ready to eat as we head back inside. i lean back in my seat, staring boredly out the window as the giant pudding shakes from the force of the octopus eating it, and i wince when kayano starts shouting in despair.

i knew it wouldn't fucking work, but i had hoped that we'd at least shake him a bit. goddamn octopus.

i look up when something gets handed to me and i see kayano holding pudding out to me. while i raise an eyebrow in confusion, i take the treat and slowly eat it.