Chapter Sixty-One Part Two!(:

Author's Note: I want to start by saying that I am incredibly sorry  for how long it's taken me to update this story. I have had a lot going  on and my writing got put on the back burner. But I am determined to  finish this book. So please forgive me I am a little rusty but I am  trying my best. Hopefully this chapter turns out the way I wanted it.  Please leave comments and let me know what you guys think. Thanks for  sticking with me this long. I hope you enjoy. I've already started  working on the next chapter and hope to have it up in a week or so.  Thanks for reading!!

**Selena's POV:**

             After a few minutes of standing in line we finally got  inside. My nerves were still going a little crazy, but so far, I was not  regretting deciding to come. I could hear music playing from the lobby  and people were gathered all around talking and taking pictures. As I  looked around, I recognized so many familiar faces, which made me  realize how much I missed everyone. I was pulled from my thoughts by a  familiar voice. "Selena is that you?" I looked and saw Emily, a girl  from my math class and one of the members of the dance team I used to be  on. I smiled and nodded. "Hey Em, you look great." She was wearing a  strapless red gown with a slit up to the thigh and jewels on the chest.  Her hair was swept to the side and hung in long beachy waves. "Thanks,  you too." "Well it was great seeing you. I miss you in class and on the  team. Are you coming back?" The question caught me off guard and I was  not sure how to answer. Luckily, I did not have to because Leeann pulled  me away. "Come on I want to get pictures while we still look camera  ready and before it gets too crazy." Cody and the rest of our group  followed close behind.

            Pictures only  took a few minutes and then we followed the long line of people heading  into the ballroom. I had to admit it looked pretty amazing. They used  our school colors, maroon and navy blue. The dancefloor was in the  center of the room with a silver disco ball hanging right over the  middle. There were circular tables all around the room, some with navy  and some with maroon tablecloths. Cushioned chairs were all around the  tables. On the far side of the room there were tables with finger foods  and different kinds of punch. There was a DJ station set up on the small  stage in the front of the room. In front of that was a table with a box  for people to cast their votes for prom queen and king.

             "This looks a lot nicer than what I remember from my prom."  Cody commented from next to me. I was so busy looking around I had not  noticed he was leading me to a table. He pulled a chair out for me and I  sat down. "Yeah it does look really nice." "Melony and the rest of the  committee really out did themselves." Leeann added before adjusting  Mark's tie. "Well I'm going to go and grab some food before all the good  stuff is gone. Coming babe?" Drew asked Jordan before standing up. "Do  you want anything baby-girl?" Cody asked. "Sure, my mouth is a little  dry so maybe some punch and whatever else your having." I answered. He  kissed my cheek before standing and heading over to the table. Mark and  Jordan did the same leaving just Leeann and me at the table.

             "You doing okay? You seemed kind of spooked by Emily  earlier." She asked. I smiled. "So far so good. Her question just caught  me a little off guard that's all." I answered honestly. "I could tell.  Do not worry about that. You're here to have fun with your friends don't  worry about anything or anyone else." As usual she was right. Before I  could reply everyone came back to the table with food and drinks. I took  a sip of my punch, my mouth was drier than I thought. We each sat there  munching on snacks and talking for a little bit before Leeann spoke up.  "Alright enough sitting around let's move this party to the dancefloor  and have some real fun." She said grabbing Mark's hand and pulling him  towards the floor. "Care to dance baby-girl?" Cody asked standing and  reaching for my hand. I smiled and took it letting him lead me onto the  dancefloor.