Chapter Thirty-Seven!(:

Authors Note: so here's the next chapter. I've been struggling with a bit of writers block and I'm tryin to work through it so sorry if this chapter sucks :( Thanx again for all the support and everything with this book!(; it's all really amazing. As for Chad's POV, I'm still struggling with writing that. Do you guys think he should feel sorry for what he's done or happy for what he did? Comment and let me know and then I can get back to work on his POV. So enough with my rambling. Happy reading(; leave me comments(;  

-ravensierraxoxo(; <3

Chapter Thirty-Seven:

**Cody's POV:**

The look on Selena's face when the detectives came in made me wanna break down and cry myself. She looked so scared and I hated seeing that look on her face. Seeing her like this took my heart out and made me all the more determined to kill the son of a bitch that put my baby girl in this position. "Whenever your ready Selena just start from the beginning." Detective Daniels said. She nodded. Hearing her tell the story of the attack was gonna be really hard on me, but not anywhere near as hard as it was gonna be for her. Maybe me hearing what happened wasn't such a good idea, but she needed me right now and I wouldn't walk away when she needed me the most.

**Selena's POV:**

Detective Daniels pulled out a little tape recorder and laid it on the table at the foot of my bed. My heart was pounding in my chest like it wanted to run away from the situation as much as I did. My stomach was in knots and I felt sick. Trying to calm myself I glanced over at Cody. He didn't look so good, but nodded telling me it was okay. "Selena what happened?" Detective Clark asked. I closed my eyes and thought back to the attack. I could still feel Chad hitting me and still hear him screaming. "After my boyfriend left to go back to school my best friend came over as we had planned. She ended up having to run to the store leaving me in the house alone." "Your boyfriend being this young man?" he asked pointing to Cody. I nodded. "Yes and my best friend being his younger sister Leeann." "Okay your doing great. What happened next?" The thought of what had happened next made me shudder. "My ex boyfriend showed up." "Okay and what's his name?" I bit my lip. "Chad. Chad Mills."  

Just saying his name was hard. "Okay and then what happened?" I inhaled a deep breath and let it out preparing myself for what I had to say next. "He wanted to come in and talk about getting back together. I refused and he got angry, very angry. Then he attacked me." I answered weakly. Both detectives nodded. "We understand that this is hard for you, but were gonna need details on your assault to make an arrest. If your not ready to do that or if you don't remember it's alright." I shook my head. "No it's okay I understand. I remember everything that happened. Please let's just get this over with now." I begged needing to get this over with before I lost my nerve and guts. Slowly I went through every detail of the attack. I could hear my mother sobbing but I couldn't even look at her. I couldn't look at Cody either feeling ashamed for letting this happen. He might not blame me but I sure did. If only I had spoken up sooner this wouldn't have happened. 

"Okay Selena was there any prior violence in the relationship with Mr. Mills? Why did you end things?" Detective Daniels asked. I took a deep breath. "Me and Mr. Mills dated for 10 months. About three months into the relationship he started becoming possessive and then turned violent. This isn't the first time he's sent me to the hospital. I ended things because I didn't wanna deal with it anymore." He nodded. "How long ago did you end things?" "Three weeks." I replied praying we were nearly done with this interview. "Okay well this may be a very personal question but we need to know. Was there ever any sexual abuse?" For once I could actually be happy with my answer. "No he never did anything like that. Sunday he tried but I managed to push him off. That's another thing that really set him off. He doesn't handle rejection very well. He's used to getting everything he wants." I finished taking another deep breath and letting it out. "Alright then Selena that's all we need from you right now. Everything will be documented and filed for your case." "What happens to Chad now?" I asked. "Well that's mainly for the DA to decide. For now he will be arrested, questioned, and eventually charged." "Charged with what exactually?" Cody asked. "Well judging by the photos and Selena's statement more then likely he will be charged with first degree assault or even attempted murder. But that is for the district attorney to decide. They have the finally say."