Chapter Nine!(:

Chapter Nine:

**Selena's POV:**

When we got to my house I gave Cody a pair of David's sweats and a t-shirt to put on and I went to my room to change my clothes. I put on a pair of monkey pajama pants and a long sleeved pink shirt. Once we both changed I put our wet clothes it the dryer. “Thanx for the clothes.” Cody said as we went to the kitchen to fix hot chocolate. I nodded. “It's no problem really I just didn't want you to be freezing your ass off because of me. The clothes should be dry in about an hour. So you want marshmallows in your hot chocolate?” He smiled. “Can't have hot chocolate without marshmallows that's like a box of gushers with no watermelon ones!” he responded. I giggled. “You like gushers too?” he nodded. I walked over to the cabinet and grabbed us each a pack. I tossed Cody his. We laughed and ate them while I waited for the water to heat for the coco.

**Cody's POV:**

I couldn't believe we had so much in common at least in coco and fruit snacks. I ate my gushers while she heated the water for the coco. I have to say for a second date it was pretty amazing so far. I think we could be in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do and still have a great time. “So your mom won't mind me being here so late?” I asked. She smiled. “Cody it's fine she's asleep is David. Plus were not doing anything it's fine. Trust me she would kill me if I made you walk home in soaked clothes.” I smiled at her. “Yeah I guess your right. Plus it is your fault the clothes got wet toy breaker.” She laughed and playfully punched me in the arm. “Hey you agreed and went in the water willingly you girl pusher.” We both busted out laughing. I leaned in to kiss her but then the microwave beeped.

Stupid damn microwave I thought to myself. She smiled. “I better get that.” I nodded. “So where are your parents these days, I never see them anymore?” she asked adding the marshmallows to the coco. “Oh well part of being doctors with borders I guess. Since me and Lee are old enough to be alone I guess they don't see the point of staying around as much.” she passed me my coco and nodded. We went into the living-room and sat in front of her fireplace. She crossed her legs and sat Indian style.

“So what about your real dad, you see him anymore? Leeann told me a little about what happened.” She took a sip of her coco before answering me. “Well my father left my mother for someone half his age when I was ten, not long after I met Leeann. He met some bimbo that made him feel young again so he put it. So one day I woke up and he was gone. He used to call or write and sometimes send a gift here and there. Now im lucky if I get a card or a call on my birthday. Last I heard he had a little boy and was living in California somewhere.” I frowned feeling sorry for her. “Sorry Selena.” she shook her head. “It's okay really. I think mom and I did better without him.” “So what about David?” “Oh my mom met him about two years ago they dated and he finally moved in 6 months ago.” “Wow they took a while to take that step.” I responded. “Yeah well mom never really got over my dad leaving so her and David took it kinda slow. Plus she wanted to give me time to adjust.” She finished.

“So do you like David?” she laughed. “What's so funny?” I asked confused. She stopped laughing to answer me. “Well at first I guess you could say that I hated him. I had gotten used to it just being me and my mother and I guess I thought he would kinda take her away from me. I mean I was almost 15 when they met. I even managed to break them up for a while, but then after a bit I realized that my mother really loved him so I decided to give him a chance. He's a really nice guy. Treats my mom right and the same with me. He respects me and my mother very much. His family is pretty nice too.” I smiled and started to laugh. “What's so funny?” she asked. “Nothing I just can't picture you doing something like that to your mom. It sounds so evil.” She giggled. “Yeah I act like an angel, but I can be quite the little devil when I need to be.” “Well remind me to stay on your good side then.” I teased. She just laughed.