Chapter Fifty-Six!(:

Author's Note: Okay everyone i really need your help, i'm stuck on where to go with this story. For a while it was like i could write two chapters a day and now i'm struggling to write one. So i'm asking for your input on the chapters. I need comments and opinions, otherwise it might be a long time until i update again. So anyway leave comments i'm serious about being stuck and i hate making you all wait :/ So happy reading!

Chapter Fifty-Six: 

**Selena's POV:**

The next morning my nerves were a mess and lack of sleep showed in my eyes and face, but I had to hide it from everyone. If anyone knew that I was a mess there was no way they'd let me do this. So putting on a strong front I got up and saw Cody off school and then got ready. I put on a pair of jeans and a simple fitted white t-shirt. I slipped on a pair of flats and fixed my hair and make-up. Nothing major just enough to make me look better. I left my hair hang in it's normal waves and finished my eye make-up. I was ready to go by the time my mother knocked on my bedroom door. Just like last time I thought to myself.

“You sure about this Selena?” she asked standing in my doorway. The look on her face told me she was really hoping that I would change my mind, but I couldn't. “Yes Mom I'm positive. Come on so were not late.” I answered grabbing my purse and heading out of my room. My mother followed me down the steps and to the kitchen. I knew eating anything right now wasn't a good idea so I settled for a cup of coffee. As tired as I was I was going to need it to stay awake. I really was gonna need a long nap when this was over, maybe then I would sleep better not having what happened hanging over my head. I fixed my coffee in my travel cup and turned around to face my very worried mom. “Didn't sleep well last night?” she asked already knowing my answer. She could always tell when I was tired since I never really drank coffee otherwise.

“I was thinking about a lot that's all. After today I should be sleeping a lot better.” I replied really wanting to believe myself. “I really hope so sweetie. David wanted to be able to be with you too, but he had to work. He said to tell you he's sorry and that he loves you.” I smiled. “Yeah but you mean Dad wanted you to tell me those things, I've decided to start calling him Dad remember?” She smiled and nodded. “Of course sweetie. Dad it is. You ready?” I took a deep breath and nodded even though my head and my heart were both telling me that there was no way I could ever be ready for this. Nobody should ever have to be ready for something like this. It wasn't something I would wish on my worst enemy. I just needed this to be over. “Okay well we better get going. Samantha will be expecting us soon.” My mother said with a nervous expression. I nodded my head and we walked out to her car. I was so ready for this to end.

The whole ride towards the county jail my stomach kept turning, my heart pounded, and my palms were really sweaty. I tried to focus on controlling my breathing and trying to steady my heart rate. I wasn't gonna let him see me and see that he still had any effect on me, he didn't deserve the satisfaction. “Lena were here.” my mothers voice dragged me from my inner thoughts. I looked over at her and nodded. “Sorry Mom I blanked for a second I guess.” I replied taking another sip of my coffee. “It's alright baby. Ready to go inside?” I looked out the window and my eyes found the jail. I remembered the last time I had been here. The time I convinced Cody to drive me down here to visit Chad. It was funny how much I had changed since then. Chad really was in for a big surprise because I wasn't the same broken and scared girl that had visited him that day. I had changed for the better. I had finally had enough of running from my problems and that included him.

My mother and I stepped out of the car and walked across the parking lot and to the building. We had to sign in at the front desk and then sat down to wait for Samantha. We didn't have to wait long. Samantha appeared a few minutes after we sat down. She wore a gray suit and carried her black briefcase. She walked toward us with a smile on her face. “Carmen, Selena I'm so glad you could make it I just wish the circumstances were better. Anyway are you still up for this Selena?” she asked looking at me. I let out a deep breath that I didn't even know I had been holding. “Yeah I know I am. I just want this whole thing to be over with. When do we start?” I responded. “Well I've just spoke with his attorney and they were supposed to be moving them both to an interview room as we speak. I just wanted to check and make sure you still wanted to do as planned.” “Yeah I still want the same thing.” “Alright then. Let's get this over with. Selena follow me.” I nodded and turned around to see my mother's face. I pulled her into a tight hug and then turned back to follow Samantha down the hall. When we reached a large wooden door with the words “interview room three” my heart jumped into my throat