35~Another Contract

HEY GUYS! SORRY IM POSTING THIS SO LATE I JUST DONT WANT YALL TO HAVE TO WAIT ANY FURTHER CAUSE I FINALY WROTE A CHAPTER AHHH!!

PLEASE VOTE AND MAYBE LEAVE SOME COMMENTS TELLING ME IF YALL LIKED THIS CHAPT. THANK YA THANK YA

yall may read now;)..

~*~*~

35~Another Contract

Everest's POV

"So, you're sure you don't want me to come with you?" Harry asks me, giving me a questioning look from the drivers seat.

I shake my head, reaching my hand out for the door handle. "I think I'm good. I mean, it's just Management," I nervously chuckle, send him a reassuring smile, just trying to ease those half-scrunched up eyebrows he always gets when he's worried or uneasy about something.

Honestly, I am more terrified than nervous of what I'm about to do. Yesterday evening, after explaining everything that had occurred with my aunt and cousin and discussing my future plans of going on tour with Harry and the others, it didn't take much persuading for Harry to agree with me. I mean, he was the one who asked me. Then my next move was to get ahold of Management, which I was successful in doing so, however, it meant I'd had to speak with none other than the one and only, Leah Harrison.

What a nightmare in disguise. Pretending to be this pristine woman who can't even act like one. Stressing the hell out of me and Harry, who was already stressed enough at the time. But sooner or later, we'll have to at least act like we like each other since Harry did mention the fact that she would also be touring with them. Although, luckily for me, the acting part won't be as difficult for me considering I'm already an actress.

"Everest."

"Hm, yeah?" I mumble, resurfacing out of my thoughts.

"Okay, so you're 100% sure you want to do this? What about that audition you had-"

"I told you, Harry," I sigh, "I didn't get the role. I mean, I don't know for sure but I doubt I got it."

"But what if you did, Eve-"

"Harry, I've made my decision. I want to do this, I want to be with you and travel the world with you."

"Everest, I don't want this to get in the way of what you were born to do," he says seriously, his tone so full of concern it stuns me for a moment. "If this decision is gonna get in the way of what you really love to do, what you've worked so hard for, then maybe you should reconsider. I mean, just think about it, it's only been four days since your audition, and you really expect them to choose someone now in that short amount of time?" I remain silent, unable to find the words to answer him. "Look, I only want what's best for you and I'm not trying to force you out of this. But if this is really what you want to do, then who am I to stop you? I just care about you and your future, your life in general."

During his whole speech, I knew my cheeks were burning red with no control, and it embarrasses me a little. I send him a half smile, then lace our fingers together atop the console.

Our eyes lock and I finally speak, "Harry, I want to do this. I want to travel with you," I say slowly, just to make it clear.

He continues to stare directly at me with those light green eyes, searching through mine trying find the simplest form of regret or doubt. But there isn't.

"Okay." He simply says and forcefully tears his eyes away from mine quickly. His voice is laced with what I think is disappointment, and I can tell he's in deep thought the way his eyes are somewhat narrowed and jaw is slightly locked.