8~Contracts

8~Contracts

Everest's POV

A week has passed, and I've talked to Harry some, but he usually ends it with an awkward "ok" or "yeah" or "lol". I honestly don't know what's been bugging him lately.

So, Louis and Niall, helped me make my own little 'secret arrangement' to meet up with Harry today at his flat to have some tea.

I was just about to walk out the door until my phone started to buzz like crazy, as it sang its little tune. I answered the anonymous caller.

"Hello?" I asked in a questioning tone, raising an eyebrow.

"Hello, is this Ms. Everest Milestone?" The anonymous caller asked. I widen my eyes, parting my lips.

"Um, yes, who is this?" I asked hesitantly, my eyebrows then furrowed.

How in the world did this person know my name and get my number?

"This is Paul, Paul Higgens, One Directions security guard and tour manager," the man said, his Irish accent quite evident. I'm not too familiar with him, but I do know that he is their security guard. Of course I've seen pictures, but I am definitely honored that he'd call me.

"Oh, hi!" I cheerfully say into the small device, now relieved of who the caller is. "Um, not to be rude or anything, but how did you get my number?"

"I get my resources," he says rather bluntly, that's a little strange. I can practically see him grow a smirk. "Listen, are you busy today?" I paused.

"Um, yeah, I was actually about to meet up with someone," I said doubtfully, pursing my lips. I didn't say where exactly, because I wasn't sure if he knew I was meeting up with Harry or knew him. Probably not. He couldn't have if he asked if I was doing anything today. "But, is there something I need to do?" I willingly ask. I just couldn't say "no" to their tour manager.

"Yes actually. I know that you've been helping Harry out." Question answered. "The boys have told me all about you, and you seem very wonderful. I've even noticed that Harry has been, better than he was two weeks ago, and we most certainly appreciate your willingness to help him," he said.

A smile then painted across my face, but slowly faded away when he said, "But we need you to come by Modest! Management to do a little business work before you can continue to see Harry." I bit my lip nervously.

This shook me a little. Business work? What business work? What is that even supposed to mean?

"Your not in trouble," he reassured me, still not helping. "It's just, we need to disguss a couple of things with you before you press on any further."

I narrow my eyes, my lips pulled into a straight line. I then heard the sound of a door open, my aunt walking out of her room catching sight of me, her expression confused. I shook my head, plastering a half smile across my face, reassuring her that everything's okay, when everything's not. She nodded anyways, and continued to walk into the kitchen.

"So can you come by?" Paul asked, pulling my attention back to him.

"Y-Yeah, sure," I sigh, smiling weakly, wishing we could post-pon this day to another day. But I guess business is business. "What time?"

"I'd say, about eleven-thirty, sharp."

I checked the time on my wrist watch.

11:10 a.m.

"Alright, I'll be there shortly."

"Okay, great! Can't wait to meet you!" And with that, he hung up, leaving me speechless and the phone still stuck to my ear.