9~Talk

9~Talk

Everest's POV

I closed the door behind me, my nostrils being suffocated by the bitter aroma of Vodka and bear. I scrunched my nose in disgust, turning around slowly, eyes trailing over to Harry's messy bed, which is strangely empty. I furrowed my eyebrows, looking all around his trashed room. Clothes piled up in a corner of his large room. Abandoned clothes hang from his bed and a small couch by some windows. Shattered glass and empty bear bottles are scattered everywhere. His white curtains are pulled shut, making the room being completely engulfed by darkness. Only a small amount of light shines through the little creeks and cracks of the curtains.

I walk hesitantly towards his bed, dragging my hand across the soft, white sheets. One pillow has an imprint of Harry's head, while the other had been, I can tell, thrown against the wall, leaning against the baize colored wall in front of his queen sized bed.

I flinch as I heard the bathroom door fly open, revealing a shirtless Harry and his many tattoos. He leaned against the door frame lazily, his lips pulled into a frown, and his beautiful, bright green eyes were hidden behind dark and dull green eyes. His hair remains a mess as usual. Surprisingly, he can still pull it off.

"What do you want?" He asked bitterly, crossing his arms over his bare, inked chest.

"I j-just wanted to check up on you," I stuttered, chewing on my lower lip nervously. "You didn't reply to my texts yesterday."

"Phone died," he said quickly, brushing past me and collapsing back into bed. I turned around, with my arms crossed and eyebrows furrowed.

My eyes scanned around his room again, mostly at the shattered glass and beer bottles that were casually scattered around his bed. "Have you been drinking?"

"A little," he said, as if it were nothing. "Don't worry about it, 'kay?"

"Were you also breaking-"

"I said, don't worry about it," he retorted back at me in annoyance.

My eyebrows knitted together. "Um, did I do something to make you upset?" I ask unsure, a bit of annoyance lingered around in my voice.

"Nope," he said casually, covering his body up with the white bed sheets and laid on top of his shoulder blade, his body turned away from me. "Now please leave."

"No," I said rather fast and firm, like I was being a defiant child. For some reason, I feel a little more confidence in myself. Feeling a lot more bold and stronger as I kept pressing on.

He huffed in annoyance, turning his head to face me. "Do I have to show you to the door?" He asked as if I were stupid, pointing to the door. "LEAVE!" His voice rises in rage.

I part my lips slightly and storm to his bed, yanking the sheets off his bare body.

"What the heck, Everest!?"

"Why aren't you telling me anything, Harry? And why are drinking!?" I practically shouted at him.

"It's none of your concern," he spit back at me, sipping the last of his drink in a small glass cup. I rolled my eyes, grabbing the glass out of his hand and slamming it back on his nightstand, a loud clinking noise echoed throughout his room.

"Actually, it is my concern." I stare at him with narrowed eyes, my lips pulled into a frown and eyebrows furrowed, awaiting for his response that I never got. "I'm not going to leave without an answer. I came here because I wanted to see you, and how you were doing! I'm here to help you!"

He rolls his eyes, "Oh please," he sneers. For a split second, I made eye contact with him for the first time since I've been here. After a moment of intense staring, he laughs bitterly, shaking his head. "You know, I've finally figured you out." He sits up, crossing his legs, his features expectant with a mixer of frustration.