34~Second Thoughts

thanks for being so patient waiting for this chapter! big things are coming and i can't wait to share it with you all!>w<

ok you can read now!

~*~*~

34~Second Thoughts

Everest's POV

"Jenna?" I breathe out shockingly, the name leaving a bitter taste in my mouth. "Why are you here? I-" I shake my head, cutting myself off. This isn't happening right, this is not happening right now! I heavily exhale out of my nose, almost forgetting to breathe. "You know what, I didn't even want to come and I knew I shouldn't have. So, I'm leaving, have a good life!" I end abruptly.

"No, you're not," my aunt interjects, making her way in front of the door just as my hand reached out for the knob. "You are staying here and we are all going to talk, now!" She demands, her voice rising with each word.

"Criss, I have nothing to say to her, okay-well nothing appropriate," I truthfully say. Hey, I'm not holding anything back. "But you know the point! Now, please move so I can leave and be with people I want to be with!"

She simply shakes her head, arms crossed over her chest. "No, sit," she says with a settler but forceful tone, flicking her dead towards the dining table. I widen my eyes a bit, a little shocked she used a forceful tone on me. "You too, Jenna."

Nodding once, she turns on her heel, positioning herself in the seat at the far end of the table, Criss shuffling past me and settling herself in the middle. I huff in absolute annoyance and finally pull out the seat across from Jenna, leaning back against it. I just want to get this over with. I then glare in her direction, only her eyes glued to the floor. She then catches my threatening eyes for a split second, then averts them away quickly, almost as if she were like a frightened child. Good.

Criss clears her throat, noticing me. "Alright, we are going to settle things right here, right now, okay? Now, we can either spend the whole night here at this table, or talk things out now and go home. Your choice." Crissy ended with a harsh tone, looking in between me and Jenna.

It's quite awkward in here actually, all three of us have been sitting in here for nearly seven minutes and haven't spoken a single word to each other. I like this.

I then hear a sigh escape from Jenna's mouth. "So, Eve, it's nice to see you again," she hesitantly says, her voice just barely above a whisper.

I role my eyes, shaking my head and locking my jaw. "Don't ever call me that again. Ever," I bitterly say through gritted teeth. "It just brings up bad memories. I hate that name."

She nods and shakily exhales. "'M sorry."

"Don't be."

"Everest." Crissy snaps.

"Well!" I yell, flickering my eyes towards Crissy. "She doesn't need to be. I don't want her apologies I just want her to leave! You know, why are you even here?!" I yell even louder, snapping my eyes back at Jenna.

"It's your dad," she simply answers, her voice stronger than the first time she spoke.

"And you think I care?"

"Yes, actually," she says. "I think you do, you just won't admit it."

Our eyes are locked on each other so intently you can literally feel the tension around us. And then out of complete nowhere, I begin to randomly laugh. Laughing hysterically at... all of this.

My hysterical laughter grows louder, and I can feel Crissy and Jenna's eyes glaring at me in confusion and somewhat shock.

"Are you freaking kidding me?" I laugh. "You are seriously messed up in the head if you think I actually care about him."