14~Peppermint Breath

Harry's POV

I quickly dry my hair with a towel and toss it on my bed. I slowly open my bedroom door, being greeted by the boys who are once again sitting at the dining room table. Only this time I didn't see Niall. Strange. He's usually the first one at the table.

I walk over to the round table, sliding the chair out for me to sit in.

"Mornin', mate," Louis says, his mouth stuffed with pancakes which I'm sure he made. "Sleep well?" He asks, poking at his plate of pancakes.

I nod, "Yeah, you?" He nodded in response. Zayn stands, refilling his glass with water from the sink. Liam sits quietly in his seat, cutting his pancakes in half with a fork. Why are they being so quiet?

"Did everyone lose their voices er somthin'?" I teased, my eyebrows furrowing. "Why are you guys being so quiet? And where's Niall?"

"Just tired 's all," Liam croaked. "And Niall went to the store to get more coffee and cereal." Then it went back to an, utter silence, the clanking of forks poking at the glass plates were only heard. Is there something going on that I don't know about?

"What time is it, Zayn?" I ask him, since he's near the microwave which shows the time on the narrow screen, breaking the awkward silence that engulfed the room.

Zayn turns his head, looking past his shoulder. "Eleven-thirty," he simply said, taking a sip of his water. I nodded, tapping on the table with my fingers.

We sit at the table in silence as I watch them devouring their pancakes in a heartbeat. I decided to speak up, "So, um, Everest asked if you guys wanted to-" I was then cut off in the midst of my sentence when my phone vibrated in my pocket. I pulled it out. Management. "Hold on. Management." I said, stepping out onto the patio. Still, silence.

I answered once the door was completely closed. "Hello?"

"Harry, we would like you to meet up with Everest around one o'clock, sharp, on her lunch break today. No one else may go. We would like it if you actually showed up," Leah spat at me.

"Ah, why isn't it the lovely Miss Leah Harrison from Modest! Management! How nice to hear from you. I must be extremely famous to be getting a call from the one and only, Miss Leah Harrison," I joked with her, despite her rudeness.

"Styles, focus! Did you hear me?! Be at Nando's at exactly one o'clock today. Fans already know about the death of your family and are now suspecting that you are still depressed from the lack of your tweets and pictures. We need to show them that you aren't depressed and that you are still alive! Paps will be there to capture it all. We don't need anymore of this bad publicity," she explains, her tone a bit frustrated. As usual.

"What if they're right?"

"What are talking about?"

"What if I'm still depressed?" I admit, turning the spotlight on her.

A long pause descends over the line. I remain silent, waiting for her to answer.

"I thought Everest was helping you out with that," she spoke up, her tone more settle.

"I never said she wasn't," I said.

"She'd better be, or else she would be breaking her con-" she quickly stops herself, letting out a sharp gasp. I can just see her eyes widen and eyebrows rising.

My frame straightens, eyebrows furrowing. "Breaking what?" I ask, confusion clearly in my voice. "Leah, what would she be breaking?!" I demand more sternly.