25~Confessions

25~Confessions

Harry's POV

"Harry, what the hell are you doing?"

I tilt my head slightly to the side and find Louis leaning against the door frame, rubbing his drooping eyes with the palms of his hands after a massive yawn. "It's five a.m. in the morning and you're up making a stupid smoothie?"

"Uh, yeah, guess I am," I reply slowly, pressing my thumb down on the 'on' button for the blender, the kitchen appliance roaring to life, shredding the chopped banana slices and ice cubes into a liquid drink. "And for your information, it's not stupid."

"Harry."

"What, Louis?" I ask, getting slightly annoyed. Honestly, can a guy just make a smoothie at an early hour without being disturbed?

"This is the second time you've done this since you last saw, Everest," he points out, his voice laced with concern. Crossing his arms over his chest, a devilish smirk surfaces to his face. "Does this have anything to do with Everest, might I ask?" He asks in a mocking tone, raising an eyebrow.

I switch off the blender and look him dead in the eye, a small period of silence conquering us. I then answer a simple, "No," turning the blender back on, the noise silencing him for me.

Part of me felt guilty for lying to myself and to my best mate, and the other part of me felt nothing but... dead, inside. I honestly haven't been the same ever since my separation with Everest. It is all my fault, though. I am the one who called things off. I was the one who ended things between us (which was just a friendship). I am the reason she is no longer speaking to me. Everything is my fault, let's just put it that way.

"Harry, you need to talk to her," he tells me, breathing out a small sigh. "You two haven't spoken in what, four days. I think it's time for you to own up and call her."

"It's not that simple," I say quietly, my voice low and raspy. "You don't know what I said to her. I crushed her. You didn't see how... torn, she looked when I left her at her front door. I broke her heart, Lou, she hates me I'm sure."

"No, she doesn't hate you," he assures me. "Look, when I visited her two days ago, she didn't really show it, but it's obvious she misses you, and it's obvious you miss her, too." I roll my eyes.

"Oh please, do you honestly think, I wake up this early in the morning to make a healthy smoothie just because I can't stop thinking about Everest. That I toss and turn in bed because Everest isn't there with me. That I've now become a restless sleeper because she consumes my every dream and every aspect of my thoughts?"

He simply shrugs. "Yeah, pretty much," he admits bluntly. I shake my head, returning to my smoothie which has still not been liquefied to perfection. Over the loud commotion, I hear a faint sigh of exasperation escape Louis' mouth, and I watch him in confusion as he trudges over to where I am in the kitchen. Suddenly, the blender shuts off and the room becomes quiet. My eyes snap to the twenty-two-year-old, who has the plug to the blender clenched in his fist.

"Louis, what the hell!" I angrily murmur.

"Do you even listen to yourself, Harry?" Louis asks me loudly, his tone matching mine and his expression stone hard. "Are you just gonna ignore the fact that you do miss her and that you do need her?"

"What do you want me to say, Lou!?" I ask, my voice rising with each word I say, anger thick in my tone. "That I love her, is that what you want to hear!?"

His expression then softens and he takes a step back, folding his arms. "Well, it depends, Harry. Do you?" A small smirk tugs at his lips in delight, and I avoid his gaze, leaning my back against the counter behind me. I began to think.