04 | Sea Salt Brownies

"I'm going to miss you so much" Mia whispered in my ear as she hugged me tightly

I sniffled back the tears and replied "I'm going to miss you more" I tightened my hold on her.

Today was the dreaded day when Mia would leave for a few months. She is one of the closest people that I have, she is the sister that I wanted and needed but never had before her.

"Bells, we also want to hug her" Alex whined as he reached out to hug Mia. I let her go while wiping the tear that escaped my eye.

Mia hugged Alex, Sam, and everyone else who were present to say goodbyes to her at the airport.

"It's time guys" she sniffled as we heard the announcement for her flight being ready to board.

I hugged her again and she hugged back as fiercely. The bond I have with her is just so precious and close. We live with each other as well as work in the same place. Being without her even for a few months is harder than I ever imagined. We see each other as soon as we wake up. We both know each other's deepest and embarrassing secrets. We always had each other's back.

"Now go before I change my mind and kidnap you" I joked as I removed my tight grip on her.

"Don't tempt me, I might take up on that offer" she winked at me. I chuckled at her. "Take care of yourself. Call me every day. I want to know everything while I'm gone." she demanded.

"Of course. I will. And you too take care of yourself. Don't get into too much trouble." I reminded her. She nodded and slowly backed away. Before disappearing she waved back to all of us.

"Let's go," Sam said as she patted on my shoulder as I was still looking at where Mia went. I nodded and went out of the airport.
______________

It's been a few days since Mia went to Switzerland. I was doing okay, it would take me some time to get live without her. It's just so hard for me to get over something. I am kind of a person who gets attached very easily and very deeply which is good and a bad quality at the same time. Since I know it's one of my flaws I tend to be more closed off when it comes to meeting new people. Maybe this opportunity would make me come out of my comfort zone which is what I was doing currently while looking at all the people who wanted to rent the room for a few months that Mia used.