33 | Strawberry Cheesecake

Previously on 'The Bakery Love':

My thoughts were interrupted when a finger nudged my chin up. "Bella, open your eyes and answer me," Noah demanded as he kept his finger beneath my chin. I could feel his impatience and restraint as he waited for my answer. I don't think I have any other option than to confess. So here goes nothing.

I opened my eyes and let it connect with Noah's brown eyes. I stared into them. My mind flashed to all those little moments that we had, the unwavering support that he gave me, his words, his actions, and just him. I kept those memories in my mind and let them provide me with some needed confidence and let my confession blurt out of me. "I like y-no, I think I am falling in love with you, Noah." I let out a sigh after I said it. I watched Noah freeze as he heard my words.

Then his features went from being shocked to warm and soft, he cupped my cheeks in his palm. I leaned into the warmth of his palm. "You love me?" He asked me, his eyes hopeful and patient for my answer. I nodded in reply. And he leaned in so our foreheads were touching, he let out a sigh of happiness and relief. He then closed the remaining distance and let his lips come in contact with mine. The last time we kissed, it was hurried because of all the pent-up attraction but this time it was so soft and full of feeling. There was no hurry as if we had all the time in the world and in a way that was also true since every time I was with him, the world was long forgotten. I stood on my toes so I could wound my arms around his neck and let my hands get tangled in his hair. His hands were still cupping my cheeks until they traveled south to my waist and after giving it an appreciative squeeze, he bent down and hooked his arms behind my knees to lift me. I let out a surprise gasp as my body was in the air with his arms hoisting me up. I let out a giggle as I placed my hands on his shoulder. He looked at me, his eyes lit up with joy as he twirled me around and I laughed in pure joy. I don't think I have been this happy ever.

He placed me down back on my feet when we heard cheering and claps around us, I looked around with surprise. People were cheering and congratulating us and in the front were Mia, Ethan, and Jake, cheering the loudest; I felt my cheeks getting red with so much attention on us, on me. Noah also started to cheer loudly and I hid my face with my hands. Noah then noticed how uncomfortable I get with being the center of attention, so he thanked everyone and I joined him. After everyone left us alone again, I sighed. He turned his attention to me. "You aren't comfortable with limelight yet you confessed your love for me so publicly." He stated, surprise lacing his voice.

I blushed. "Well, at that time I sort of forgot we were in public," I confessed. I did not elaborate that every time I was with him, I would forget the world and he would be the center of attention for me. That would definitely boost his ego.

He grinned at me and then palmed my cheeks again and urged me to look into his eyes. "I really wanted to be the first one to confess, but you beat me to it."