28 | Meringue

"Thank you, Ethan

"Thank you, Ethan. You are such a good friend." I thanked him. And then decided that I was going to confess my feelings to Noah. And I decided that I was going to not waste any more time and do it now. I excused myself and went outside for some privacy. Confessing to someone that you like them on the phone wasn't ideal or romantic in any way. But if I don't do it now, I don't know if I could do it without chickening out along with the fact that I didn't want to delay any longer. Ethan reminded me how much it would suck to not have Noah around once Mia would be back and he wouldn't have to work at the café. I don't want to know how I would feel if that happened. So I took a deep breath and dialed his number. I smiled to myself as I started to imagine his reaction to my long-awaited confession. As soon as he picked up the call, I blurted out; "You were right. I like you. I like you a lot, Noah."

And then I was greeted with utter silence well apart from some background noise, it sounded like there was a party going on. I felt my chest feel heavy and a frown appears on my face.

"Isabella!" A voice that I recognized as Noah shouted through the phone. I let out a deep exhale, he was okay at least. But before I could ask anything further. He started to ramble, "I hate that you don't like me. I wish you did. I don't know what you see in that Ethan guy, anyway. His fashion sense is horrible, he does take good pictures but still can't he dress more like, I don't know better?" His voice was a little higher pitched than usual, and his words were slurred a bit. I think Noah was drunk. And I don't know if I should laugh at his rant or scold him. I decided to find out more about where he was and if he had anyone with him to take care of him.

"Noah, where are you?" I asked him calmly. And waited for his reply, he let out a drunk laugh at the other end of the call.

"At this club. I wish you were with me, Bella. I miss you." He said softly. All of my anger just melted away with his confession.

"Which club, Noah?" I asked him further.

"The one that opened recently, I don't remember the name." He said sadly. He then added, "Wait, I will ask someone. Are you coming to me, Bella?"