02 | Lemon Tart

After packing up cupcakes, I switched everything off and locked up before walking to my car

I kept the cupcakes box on the passenger seat and took a seat before buckling my seat belt. As I drove the empty roads and the familiarity of the roads, my mind went back to the stranger. I could imagine how excited Mia would have been if she was with me. She would have gone on and on about how good looking the stranger was. And though I wouldn't admit I know that he was a very good looking guy.

I sighed and switched on the radio to fill up the silence in the car. "And another song from possibly the most gorgeous man who now resides in majority of teenager's hearts, Bryson Miller!" and the sound of the female radio host filled the silence but after listening to whose song would be played, I immediately let out a groan and changed the station. And finally settled on the station where a random ballet song was playing. Anything would be better than hearing stupid cliche songs from a pop star.

Soon enough, I reached the orphanage. As I shut the door after stepping out of the car, I was ambushed by small hands hugging my waist and legs. I chuckled loudly and bent down to hug the children that were swarming me.

"Isa, up, up" Grace, a two-year-old who has me wrapped around her little pinky, ordered while putting her arms up. I picked her up and balanced the cupcake box in my other hand.

"Come on, let's go inside. Who wants a cupcake?" I asked teasingly. All the children screamed happily and went inside. Grace too started clapping her hands, I kissed her chubby cheek and walked inside.

"Isabella, it's so good to see you again," Aunt Anna said as soon as she saw me. She hugged me and I hugged her back. Despite being over forty years old, she is the epitome of pretty with her salt and pepper hair tied in a bun. Her eyes shining with happiness with happy lines around her eyes. A smile so warm and bright it reminds me of the sun.