21| Tiramisu

I had a brilliant idea and I couldn’t believe that I came up with it all on my own, Mia would be proud of me, and I giggled at that thought

I had a brilliant idea and I couldn’t believe that I came up with it all on my own, Mia would be proud of me, and I giggled at that thought. “Okay, now let’s act on it,” I told myself. I squealed as the song that I knew blared through the speakers. “See, that’s the sign. You can do this.” I hyped myself as I walked towards the bar area of the floor. I stumbled a few times but I finally reached my destination. I stood straight and started to shout out the lyrics. I let my hips sway at the rhythm of the song along with my hands slowly traveling from my waist to above my head.

“Isabella,” Jake shouted as he came closer to me. He looked funny with worry and I couldn’t control my laugh so I giggled at him.

“Hi. This is a great party, Jake.” I shouted back, my body moving with the beats of the song.

“Isabella, you need to get down or you will fall.” He said as he extended his hand toward me.

I stopped dancing and looked at him with my hand on my waist. “What are you talking about?” I asked him. And suddenly I realized why he was asking it. “Oh, you must be drunk,” I stated. “It’s okay to be drunk. This is a great party.” I added as I resumed my dance.

He sighed and rubbed his face with his hands. He looked at me. “Isabella, you need to get down or you will fall.” He repeated as he tried to grasp my wrist. I immediately grasped my wrist which was closest to him and twisted my body away from him so he wouldn’t be able to stop me from dancing. I felt so light and amazing like I’m flying as I have so worries in the world. It had been so long since I felt this light, I didn’t want him to spoil it. I wanted to dance and I will dance.

“No. I won't let you spoil my fun. I want to dance.” I pouted as I whined.

“Okay, so wait. I’ll call Br- I mean Noah. I’ll call Noah. Don’t trip, please. Otherwise, Noah and Mia will kill me.” He pleaded and in reply I gave him two thumbs up. He called someone and all of sudden I felt sad, so sad.