41 | Orange Curd

"Isabella you received another bouquet!" Madison called out and I sighed to take yet another rose bouquet

"Thank you," I muttered to her as I took a sniff of the roses, I sighed at the now familiar scent of roses. This was the third bouquet that I had received in a week and it was all from the same person, Bryson. Initially, when I first received it, I wanted to give it away but then it wasn't the flowers' fault, and they also looked too good to be not appreciated. So I kept them and all the next ones. I walked and placed the roses in the vase.

"Does he want us to be a florist? The amount of roses that you have received is enough to open it up." Madison retorted and I chuckled at her joke. I knew he meant well but sadly these flowers weren't going to make me forget about his lies.

Before I could say anything else, my phone rang. I checked the number and it was from an unknown contact. I picked it up.

"Hello?" I answered it.

"Hi, is this Isabella Anderson?" A voice asked, the voice seemed familiar I couldn't place it to whom it belonged.

"Yes," I replied.

"I'm Ron, Anna's son." He introduced himself and immediately I knew that he was Aunt Anna's son. We haven't talked much because he lived in New York and I only saw him on a few occasions. I knew that he took good care of his mother despite living far away from her. Aunt Anna talked about him with fondness.

"Oh, how are you doing?" I asked him, knowing that I would be so hard after her death.

"Mostly good. But I need to talk to you about something important. Is this a good time?" He said urgently.

"Yes, go ahead." I was hoping everything was fine.

"So, Mom left me her orphanage, and since I wasn't able to move back here permanently because of my commitments here in New York. I ended up giving the orphanage to someone who I thought was capable of handling and taking care of it better than I ever could. But I was wrong." He said with guilt coating his words and I could feel my heart sink. I knew that what he was going to say, wasn't going to be good. "He wants to shut it down, Isabella. My mom has talked about you a lot and from her conversations, it should have been obvious that I should have given the responsibility of it to you. And now I need your help to take it back from that person who is going to shut it down and convert it into a commercial building." He finished his confession. Even from this phone call, I could sense that he felt so much guilt because of his wrong decision. I could understand why he did, what he did; it wasn't easy to just shift states within a moment.