19 | Red Velvet Cake

The following day was better in the sense that we were so busy that nobody had time to breathe properly so having a conversation with Noah luckily wasn't possible

"Hi, what are you doing here?" I asked him

"Hi, what are you doing here?" I asked him. He looked at me with a grin. I held back a smile and put my hands on my hips.

"Well, hello there. Fancy seeing you here!" He teased me. I smiled at him. He gestured to have a seat opposite him.

"I hope you're enjoying the coffee and also sorry my best friend isn't here yet." I reminded him. I felt bad when his smile faded a bit but he immediately recovered. "I'm sorry Jake," I said guiltily. I shouldn't have mentioned Mia, he probably already was missing her, and then I had to go and remind him. I know that Mia has also been missing him with the way she had been asking about him and hides her disappointment when I reply that I haven't seen him since that day. Initially, I had been so surprised by how deep and genuine their interest in each other was but now I'm convinced that they both are made for each other.

"You don't need to apologize, Isabella. I talk to her as much as her busy schedule allows." He confessed, his brown eyes sincere. I almost let out an 'aww' at how cute he was being with her. Mia deserves a guy like him and I'm so happy that she finally has a guy who will treat her right and will give her the world like she deserves. "Anyway, the reason that I came here was to invite you to a party at my house. And I won't accept any excuses." He stated.

I frowned before replying, "But I don't know anyone apart from you. I'll be bored, you guys enjoy."

"Isabella, I just told you no excuses. It won't be a big party, just some friends. Also, I won't be the only one you would know because Noah would be there too. I'll text you the address and be there by 9, see you in a few hours Isabella." He concluded and left me with worry. I truly didn't want to go because firstly I'm not a party person so going to a party where I only know one other person other than the host, wasn't ideal. And suddenly I felt a wave of sadness as I thought if Mia would have been here then I wouldn't feel so alone. But I also know that I had to attend the party. I straighten my shoulders as I made up my mind that I'll attend the party but only for half an hour or so and then I can go back to binge-watch as I had originally planned.