34 | Chocolate Cake

If only I had a camera in my hands at that moment when Noah turned around at my call and a giggle escaped me when I saw his dumbfound expression

If only I had a camera in my hands at that moment when Noah turned around at my call and a giggle escaped me when I saw his dumbfound expression. His eyes were wide and ever so expressive, his lips were parted and that expression was enough to melt away any doubt I had in my mind. Not only doubts but also my thoughts as soon as he approached me in his fitted suit. The black material was snug on his figure and it looked luxurious. He looked good in everything but in suits, there weren't enough words to describe the way that he looked in them.

"Fuck" a soft whisper escaped him as he stood a few feet away from me. I blushed hard, just shy away from matching my dress' color. "You are breathtakingly beautiful, love." He said as he stretched his hand for me, I placed my hand in his and then smiled when he placed a soft kiss on the back of my hand.

"Thank you," I muttered shyly as I looked into his eyes. He smiled at my shyness and then led me out of the hotel. He opened the car's door for me and helped me to get inside the car.

"You are extra chivalrous today," I commented after we drove out of the hotel. I looked at his side profile and wondered how could someone look this beautiful, this perfect. He looked at me when he felt my stare at him.

"Extra chivalrous? Am I not chivalrous every day? If that is the case, my mother would give me an earful." He grinned playfully.

"You are but today just a bit extra. Mr, Miller, are you trying to impress your girlfriend?" I teased him.

"Is it working?" He asked instead. I gave him a shrug.

"Maybe, maybe not," I replied casually while my heart betrayed me by beating a little too quickly and I was glad that he couldn't hear it.

"Okay, so I need to up my game. Get ready because it's time for full Miller charm." He said with a smirk as he squeezed my thigh and then let it rest on my thigh.

I smiled at him and replied, "Bring it on." After driving for a few more minutes, I asked him, "Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise. We will be reaching soon." He replied as I played with his fingers that were intertwined with mine. He mostly drove with a single hand and he made it seem so effortless like he was used to it.

The rest of the drive was spent in comfortable silence with few short conversations, both of us were content with just the company of one another.

"You bought me here?" I gasped in wonder as I took in the sight before me. "But how?" I asked as he took my hand and then we walked into one of the most expensive and fanciest restaurants that exist in not only this town but in the city. The only reason I knew of this place was because I was researching about this town and this place popped up due to it serving the finest desserts in the town. It also had a long waiting for reservations so the fact that Noah bought me here was so surprising.