24 | Masala Chai

After a surprisingly smooth process of making baked goods while being recorded, Ethan and his colleague walked toward me

“Isabella, it was amazing. We got a lot of good and useful footage.” He complimented me to which his colleague nodded in agreement and I smiled at them to let them know that I appreciated their compliment.

“Thank you for making things so smooth and making us feel comfortable with the cameras,” I said in appreciation.

Since it was time to close the café, everyone started to pack their things. I was going out of the kitchen area to the sitting area of the café I can bid bye to Ethan. But I stopped as I heard Ethan talk to Noah. I walked closer to them because I was curious as to what they might be talking about. I know eavesdropping was wrong but I’m sure they might talking casually. I stopped walking when I was near them and could hear what they were saying and if they both were attentive enough they would have noticed me standing near them.

“I hope you know what you are doing. I think you should tell her the truth.” Ethan disapproved of something that Noah said. Both of them had their arms crossed on their chest as they stood opposite each other. Their voices weren’t loud but it wasn’t too soft either. It looked like they were arguing.

It was confirmed when Noah answered Ethan. “I know what I’m doing. You don’t need to worry about anything regarding her.” Noah’s voice was defensive and protective, his eyes had a fire in them as he stated his words. To which Ethan nodded stiffly. I wonder who was ‘her’ that they keep on referring to. I didn’t know that they both knew each other before today. “Also I hope you won't interfere and let me deal with everything,” Noah stated. He started to back away from Ethan and his feet stopped when he noticed me standing near them. His eyes were suddenly wide and it looked like he was panicking about something.

I walked closer to them and stood in between them. I looked at both of them with confusion. “I wasn’t aware that you two know each other before today,” I announced as none of the men said anything since they noticed me. They visibly relaxed as I said those words. An unknown look passed between them as Ethan walked closer to me with a small smile on his face.