29: Cinematic Opposites

Jungkook dipped the cheap plastic paintbrush into the jar full of clear water and rubbed the stiff bristles against the dry paint of the five-color pallet. He gently stroked the brush in all directions of the small canvas that he held in his hand to draw what his mind envisioned, sending small little speckles of paint into the air.

He quickly glanced up at Hyunjae and looked back down onto his canvas, "I'm gonna draw you."

Hyunjae continued to work on her art piece and laughed, "I'd like to see you try."

"Are you doubting my skills?" Jungkook asked with a hint of offense in his words.

"Of course not," she laughed. "I said that in a good way."

Jungkook raised a brow, "Alright, whatever you say."

Amidst in the quiet air, the sudden beeping from the oven alarmed the two. Jungkook got up to his feet and ran to the cookie-smelling kitchen.

"Jae! Come here!" Jungkook yelled for the girl to come over to where he was in the kitchen.

Hyunjae placed down her canvas and went over to the kitchen to see Jungkook taking the baked goods out of the oven with oven mitts covering his hands. "What?" She approached the man.

"Look!" Jungkook said as he turned around slowly and held the hot pan closely in his cushioned hands. "It looks delicious, doesn't it?"

Hyunjae looked in awe, "It sure does."

Jungkook walked over to the island table and carefully placed the hot pan onto the granite countertop. "Let's wait for them to cool down before we can start eating it-." The man's glanced over at the girl to see that she had taken a cookie from the pan and took a bite out of it. "Jae! What are you doing?! Isn't it hot?!" Jungkook quickly snatched the hot treat out of her hands.

"Hey!" She protested. "I was eating it!"

Jungkook grabbed a paper towel and placed the bitten cookie onto it. "But I just took it out of the oven, I don't want you to burn your tongue."

Hyunjae poured milk into a tall glass and handed it over to her boyfriend. As for Jungkook, he was already munching onto the soft cookies. His mouth was full and had cookies in each of his hands.

"Slow down," Hyunjae laughed cackled as she watched Jungkook eat like he was starved.

"They're sho good though," he replied with his mouth full, his words being indistinguishable, then swallowing his chewed up food. "Eat some more. I made these for you, remember?"

"I already ate, like, three and I'm already full," she replied. "I don't get how you're eating a million at once."

Jungkook smiled with his lips closed and a mouth full.

"I really like your room," Jungkook said as he crashed himself onto Hyunjae's bed.

"Thanks." Hyunjae sat down right next to the man.

Jungkook laid himself onto his stomach and propped his head up onto his hands. "Ooh! You have a tv!" Jungkook looked at the blank screen that hung from the wall and found the remote, turning that blank screen on. "Let's watch a movie!"

Hyunjae scooted closer to him, "Uh, sure. What do you want to watch?"

Jungkook swung his legs back and forth and looked at the girl. "How do you keep on forgetting? This is your day, remember?"

Hyunjae looked down slightly, "Oh, yeah. Well, in that case, I want to watch whatever you want to watch."

"Ugh, fine," Jungkook rolled his eyes as he turned his head back towards the screen. His lips formed into a devilish smirk, "Let's watch a horror movie."

Hyunjae's eyes widened slightly. "A horror movie?" She repeated.

"Yeah," the black-haired boy smiled, "you heard me, a horror movie."

While watching the movie, Hyunjae was expecting herself to be the one who's scared. Instead, Jungkook was the one who had himself clung to Hyunjae's arm, trembling with fear.

"AH!" Jungkook screamed and tightened his grip when a jumpscare of a black-eyed figure popped up on the screen.

Hyunjae laughed loudly, "You're so scared, haha!"

Jungkook realized that he hanging onto Hyunjae like it was the end of the world. He slowly removed himself from the girl, clearing his throat, "No I'm not. I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Whatever," she replied before grabbing onto the man who sat next to her and placed his head onto her lap. "I don't care if you're such a scaredy-cat, it's cute," she then laughed once again.

Jungkook didn't resist the move while his face was red as a tomato. "Shut up."

--

[A/N]

Late update, oops. And omg 'BE' is such a good album. Life Goes On, Telepathy, Dis-ease, and Fly To My Room are my favorites out of the album.

Hope you enjoyed! Stream 'Life Goes On'!