12:Broken Bridges

Hyunjae's POV

I was in the hall, walking to my next class of the school day. I stopped walking once I heard the call of my name. I turned around to see where it was coming from. My eyes suddenly widened when I saw a familiar tall figure pushing through the crowded hall of students to get to me.

Jungkook? What are you doing here?

He came after me with wide arms. Jungkook wrapped his arms around me and held me close like I was a piece of treasure. He told me that he was sorry for ignoring me and stuff. But, why does he want to stay with me for the rest of the school day?

"Why?" I asked him.

"To repay for what I've done to you," he quickly replied with no hesitation.

"I can ask one of my-."

"No," he cut me off, "I already got the permission I needed."

"Why can't you just get me out of here and hang out together? Why here?" I then questioned.

"Because I want you to continue your studies. I don't want to be the cause of why you're failing." He then gently grabbed my hand, "Now let's go. Where is your next class?"

I didn't know what to say. I was too scared because I was surrounded by a bunch of people who were watching us. They should all get back to class and mind their own business.

"Kook, please. Just go back home. I'll text you once I'm done with school," I told him. He had no business here in this building. I don't see why he should be here.

"Yah, Hyunjae, do you even know who you're talking to?" A random girl irritatedly asked me.

She said my name, didn't she?

"Yeah, I'm talking to Jungkook." Once I had mentioned his name, Jungkook lightly squeezed my hand.

"Your name's Hyunjae, not Jae?" Jungkook was shocked.

"Uh, yeah," I nervously replied.

"Hyunjae, do you know that Jungkook is apart of BTS, or are you that dumb."

All of a sudden, Jungkook turned around and stormed out of the building. Where is he going?  And did she say that he's apart of BTS? Ha, there's no way. He'll tell me if he was. If he is apart of that boy band, that'll be the coolest thing ever.

Just as before, Jungkook never sent me a text or some cheesy selfie after he visited me at school. He can't keep doing this, the concert's tomorrow.

[A/N]

Short chapter alert!! It's just that my brain is fried because I'm already studying for the PSAT haha.